By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Birch Faced Plywood

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Fenn18/07/2014 10:52:22
1 forum posts

Hi I am finding it difficult to purchase good quality Birch Faced plywood. I have already made one wooden clock from an old school desk which is ticking away as I write. But I now want to make one using ply. I have recently moved to Rutland and have tried all the local DIY and wood suppliers but to no avail. I only need 1/4" x 6 sq ft and 1/8" x 1 sq ft. Can anybody suggest a good supplier within the East Midlands area?

Big Al19/07/2014 15:12:08
1592 forum posts
73 photos

Wickes stock 6.5mm thick birch ply, if your after thicker ply then try travis Perkins, they can usually get it for you.

Al

Eugene Anderson01/10/2014 18:14:40
47 forum posts
21 photos

I think you are talking about Birch ply, this is different from the usual marine (and other) ply. If you cannot locate Birch ply then try Jewsons, they do a nice solid void-free ply which they call 'Wisa' ply and the covering is nicer than plain white Birch.

Andy

Edward Taylor 103/08/2019 12:51:39
1 forum posts

I just saw this message, recently I was also looking for a good plywood. Plywood from one of the local companies after 2 months, the plywood began to crack and turn black, although I ordered it specially water-resistant. Then I read a bunch of reviews. From my own experience I can advise **LINK**

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Tormek
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact