By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Birch Faced Plywood

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Fenn18/07/2014 10:52:22
1 forum posts

Hi I am finding it difficult to purchase good quality Birch Faced plywood. I have already made one wooden clock from an old school desk which is ticking away as I write. But I now want to make one using ply. I have recently moved to Rutland and have tried all the local DIY and wood suppliers but to no avail. I only need 1/4" x 6 sq ft and 1/8" x 1 sq ft. Can anybody suggest a good supplier within the East Midlands area?

Big Al19/07/2014 15:12:08
1604 forum posts
73 photos

Wickes stock 6.5mm thick birch ply, if your after thicker ply then try travis Perkins, they can usually get it for you.

Al

Eugene Anderson01/10/2014 18:14:40
47 forum posts
21 photos

I think you are talking about Birch ply, this is different from the usual marine (and other) ply. If you cannot locate Birch ply then try Jewsons, they do a nice solid void-free ply which they call 'Wisa' ply and the covering is nicer than plain white Birch.

Andy

Edward Taylor 103/08/2019 12:51:39
1 forum posts

I just saw this message, recently I was also looking for a good plywood. Plywood from one of the local companies after 2 months, the plywood began to crack and turn black, although I ordered it specially water-resistant. Then I read a bunch of reviews. From my own experience I can advise **LINK**

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Triton
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact