By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Yandles spring show 2014

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Simon Reeves26/04/2014 09:28:06
622 forum posts
227 photos

Thought the forum might like to see a few pix from Yandles spring show. There was one stand that really caught my eye, run by a young lady called Fiona Kingdon. These pics are all scrollwork, displayed on a black background, so everything that is black in these pics has been cut out. Her work is outstanding, and completely original, IMHO

I thought this was superb, especially the use of the figuring in the wood to represent ripples.

scroll_1.jpg

And how about this one? If you look carefully you can see that the spider's web is cut in an outward radiating spiral. Talk about attention to detail.

scroll_2.jpg

And the moggy - again all the black bits are cut out!

scroll_3.jpg

In this one, she has taking the scrolling into the frame. Very clever.

scroll_4.jpg

Again, really inspired use of the figuring in the wood..

scroll_5.jpg

And finally, how about this for simplicity?

scroll_6.jpg

If you visit her website (www.fionakingdon.co.uk) you can see more of her work. Just brilliant.

Simon

Julian26/04/2014 11:29:43
552 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Simon -- Like you, I spent a long time looking at this work and the amount of detail that she went into. There was a lot of interest while I was there so I hope she has had some good feedback from the show. Julian

gerald meager26/04/2014 16:45:23
85 forum posts
2 photos

I too went to this show on the Friday found it a bit too packed for me but as you say this work was outstanding. I just wish I had the insight to use the grain as she does _I´m a dead jealous woodworker. Normally I go on the Saurday and will do so in the future. I´d like to know who they pray to o get such constsant good weather Great show as always. Ged Meager

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact