By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

closed segment turning demo

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
dennis wake19/03/2014 22:47:05
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles

last week I was asked if I was interested in doing a demo at our woodturning club. this will be in November. well after a week of umming and arring I decided to say yes to the demo. it will be a closed segment turning demo the same as I did in 2011. so I know we are only in March but the actual preparation work will take a few months with all the other work I have to do and probably other segmented turning I want to do. you will have to keep looking for a few segmented turned postings between now and then so keep looking

dennis

Julian21/03/2014 12:08:48
552 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Dennis - Good luck with the prep work, we haven't seen much segmented work as late so will look forward to it. I am sure the guys at the club will enjoy the demo when it happens the last one was excellent. Julian

dennis wake21/03/2014 18:13:26
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles

thank you Julian

just in the design stage at the moment. the good thing is that I have only got to do the first part of the demo this time as I have kept the 2 finishing vases from the last demo I did. this one may have a design ring on it . not Shure yet.

dennis

Derek Lane23/03/2014 14:20:07
3218 forum posts
1004 photos

Glad you have been asked to do more demo's Dennis. Maybe this time you will keep all of your bits just in case you have to do another later on

Ron Davis23/03/2014 15:41:48
1614 forum posts
201 photos

Pity you do not live a bit nearer, I am just sorting the 2015 programme

Ron

dennis wake23/03/2014 18:48:38
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles

hi Derek and Ron

you are right Derek I have learned my lesson now then if I get asked to do another demo any wear I only have to make for the first part of the demo.

Ron it is a pity as I would of come down and done the demo for you without a doubt.

dennis

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact