By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Table saw metldown :-(

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Philip Ellis 116/03/2014 20:05:51
2 forum posts

Hi guys.

I have an Electra Beckum Secanta table saw as shown in the link below. (http://powertooldirect.co.uk/elektra_beckum_metabo_secanta_table_sa-p-79106.html)

They are discontinued but seem to have been taken over by Metabo.

Anyway, today I burnt the motor out. Not doing anything really that would labour it but upon stripping it down it was very clogged with dust so probably overheated as it was on for a long time.

I've been searching for spares but getting nowhere. So I thought I'd ask if anyone knew of where I can find spares for this before I call Metabo or local power tool shop tomorrow.

Thanks, Phil.

sad sam17/03/2014 17:36:00
594 forum posts
233 photos

hi phillip and welcome to the forum

when i had a motor burn out i took it to my local machine mart shop and purchased a compatible motor which they recommended and had no problem at all fitting it

hope this helps

Philip Ellis 123/03/2014 10:52:33
2 forum posts

Thanks Sam. MM couldn't help. The motor is very proprietary and has a worm type spindle which is machined into the shaft of the motor.

The local power tool shop is getting me one from manufacturer direct - gonna be £150+vat tho. Ouch.

Its a great machine so will repair. Lesson learned tho is to always use it with dust extractor, and give a dose of maintenance every now and then!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact