By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Oak pelmets

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mailee15/01/2014 21:18:17
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

Last week I got these pelmets finished and will be fitting them tomorrow. They are for a customer who I built some oak units for last year. The two with the dentils are to go in the hobby room to match the furniture I made. The other two are for the bedrooms to match the oak furniture in there.

dscn3374.jpg

Mailee16/01/2014 17:58:22
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

Got these fitted today and not only came away with a cheque but two more commissions! My customer wants another pelmet making for the main bedroom and another top for the chest of drawers that I refurbished. (I knew an oak top on a mahogany chest didn't look right...customers always right though )
Both the front and rear bedroom pelmets were a simple fit.
dscn3381.jpg
The two in the downstairs hobby room were a little more difficult due to the tight dimensions but my measurements were spot on I am glad to say with just a little nick out of the sides.
The front:
dscn3384.jpg
The rear:
dscn3386.jpg
My customer was very pleased with them and has ordered another for a bay in the main bedroom. He also spoke of benches for his soon to be built shed.

Wolfie16/01/2014 18:20:06
406 forum posts
76 photos

Well done Mailee, great looking pelmets. More work coming in and money in your pocket too! Doesn't get better than that.

Ian

Oddjob17/01/2014 18:47:50
1635 forum posts
79 photos

Great stuff as always Alan. I love pelmets but they're not really in fashion nowadays are they? TLOML said that ours had to go when we last decorated each room that had them. They are not really gone though! I've carefully stored them in the roof of my garage!winkThey'll be back I reckon.

Richard

Edited By Oddjob on 17/01/2014 18:48:13

Bruce Rauncar22/01/2014 20:13:26
173 forum posts

They look great and elegant. Great additions to the house, make the place more pleasant and they match the wooden walls or divisions. Great job!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact