By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What,s In Store

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek Lane05/01/2014 20:30:06
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Well everyone another New Year and a Happy One to all.

Anyway what has every one got in store to make this year.

I know I want to do a lot more turning along with some carving, and of course all the just jobs "her indoors" may want.

daveO06/01/2014 16:15:13
250 forum posts
32 photos

HI

and a happy new year to you Derek

whats in store, well the way things have been going it will be non stop scrolling for me, oh along with my continued quest to find a quality scroll saw in the UK, not an easy task.

Dave

Julian07/01/2014 20:15:21
553 forum posts
28 photos

Happy New Year to you as well Derek, I don't know what's in store for me this year, Certainly more time in the workshop as a Redundancy notice arrived for me on the weekend, at least they waited till after Christmas.

Julian

sad sam08/01/2014 09:51:43
597 forum posts
234 photos

hi julian

sorry to hear about your redundancy

perhaps if you let the forum know what you do one of us may know of a vacancy somewhere

chin up sadsam

Wolfie08/01/2014 09:55:24
406 forum posts
76 photos

Hi Derek, happy new year to you also. I have nothing in the pipeline at the moment. I'm spending more time back and forth to Cardiff to be with my Granddaughter . I suppose that whatever I make will be a small item, perhaps turned.

Hi Julian, sorry ho hear your news. I hope you will find something even better soon

cheers. Ian

Derek Lane08/01/2014 11:10:56
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Hi Julian no time of year is a good time to be made redundant. Hope things will brighten up for you in the very near future.

Glad to see that some of the forum members will be in the shed this year and also look forward to seeing your projects

Simon Reeves08/01/2014 12:59:19
622 forum posts
227 photos

Happy New Year from me too. Not much in the pipeline just yet, although I've just finshed making 4 fairly large radiator covers for a work colleague. Not very exciting, so I haven't taken any pics, but she has promised to send me some once they've been painted, all the metalwork has been fitted and they are in situ.

Sorry to hear about the redundancy Julian. As Derek says, there's never a good time for it. If you're still in the market for jobs, and depending on what you do, the LinkedIn site may be worth a look. You never know who you'll find on it, but it's often people you have met in the past, so you never know. Good luck.

Simon

Mailee08/01/2014 18:46:44
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

Well guys, as you can imagine I have a few jobs on this year and more to come. (fingers crossed) Sorry to hear about your job Julian. It happened to me four years ago and so far it was the best thing for me as I went self employed. Keep your chin up and something will turn up. Life is always a gamble mate. Happy new Year to all.

Eric Harvey 109/01/2014 09:44:03
221 forum posts
81 photos

I bought half a dozen cake slice blades to make handles for,for her indoors to have one,give a couple away as presents and auction the rest off at our summer strawberry tea fund raiser for breast cancer research,oh happy new year to all,

Eric.

Tony FIELD 109/01/2014 15:09:05
5 forum posts

Well. aside from my hall table, I have so far planned for a clock as an engagement present, another table for my sister in law, something pretty for my wife's 30th but not decided what yet, a tool chest for me possibly some christmas decorations for next christmas, a little log cabin night-light for my little boy and whatever other inspiration I get througout the year. I'm always thinking of new projects to start. All good practice. Happy new year to you all.

Tony FIELD 109/01/2014 15:10:09
5 forum posts

I've just been looking at some of your projects, I NEED TO GET BUILDING!

Big Al09/01/2014 17:05:29
1599 forum posts
73 photos

Not a lot this year, a fire surround and a coffee table for myself, and a TV unit for my son. With no slow down at work they will take me ages to make anyway.

Sorry to hear about your redundancy Julian, something will turn up sooner or later.

Al

Julian09/01/2014 20:16:18
553 forum posts
28 photos

Well firstly thank you all for your wishes and secondly I apologise if I sounded down hearted because I don't think I really am ! Having only another 4 years to go till retirement I will probably get there early and enjoy the Baking Hot Summer that is in store for us. I do really need to get into the workshop a bit more and develop my woodturning skills (or lack of them) so I think the new lathe is going to get a bit of a battering. Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Transwave 2017
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact