By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

cutting an accurate curve in MFC

38 mm thk, MFC on one side.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
peter venning28/12/2013 21:12:18
1 forum posts
5 photos

Kitchen counter , my jig saw *and I do not cut very well. Slanty and not precise. The edge trim is a hassle and cracks. I am thinking of routing and then filling the edges. Going crazy. Anyone help please ?

Off to my shed...28/12/2013 22:38:34
3 forum posts

Your best bet is to spend time making an accurate template from half inch ply or MDF; clamp it to the kitchen worktop then use a router fitted with a bearing pattern follower to cut it right first time.

If it's a straight forward cross cut and you don't have the use of a circular saw; clamp a straight edge to the worktop and use your jigsaw to give a rough cut about half an inch longer than required. Reset the straight edge then use the router to remove the last half inch leaving the worktop cut with a neat straight edge to the required length.

Hope that helps.

Doug01/01/2014 11:46:45
3415 forum posts
35 photos

Circle cutting jig

Hi Peter,

You could make a simple jig out of ply that fixes to the base of your router & allows you to cut arcs & circles.

The longer the jig the bigger the arc, this is mine for cutting circles, nothing complicated just made from a piece of Perspex.

Cheers

Doug

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact