By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Digital Subscriptions - Downloads

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
steve h24/12/2013 08:52:36
403 forum posts
128 photos

Hi all,

I have both the Woodworker and Get Woodworking on digital subscriptions and run an android tablet -

I have noticed that the magazines are placed in a data folder in the main memory and if you transfer these out to an SD card (as the files are large), it no longer sees the path and when you open your downloaded library they are no longer accessible -

Has anyone got a workaround for this, as if I keep downloading these to my tablet, the main operating drive for apps will soon get full due to the magazine downloads - which is not much use and the whole point of having large SD cards is so you do not take all your internal memory.

Running: Sony Xperia Tablet Z - OS Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Thanks

Steve

Edited By steve h on 24/12/2013 09:10:12

steve h24/12/2013 09:53:27
403 forum posts
128 photos

Sorry to go on, but I have also noticed that the files, or magazines that I have transferred to the sd card are not readable without the pocket mags software, not good when we have paid for them, so they should be be provided in a readable format and also, the entire library now wants to re-build itself, meaning that will duplicate the entire library using up even more space.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Triton
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact