By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Measurements

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike Pullen23/12/2013 18:27:19
3 forum posts

Hi

I would like to see plans in imperial as well as Metric so I dont have to convert it would make it a lot more easy as Im not that sure I converted it right thanks Mike

Joe O 324/12/2013 02:08:45
203 forum posts

Welcome to the forum Mike.

You haven't filled your profile so i dont' know where you are from or anything about you. Filling it is not compulsary but helps when getting or fiving help or advice. As to your question. In the British Isles our tape measures and rulers have metrick mearurements on the top and imperial on the bottom, rulers have the same or one on front and other on rear. This means we do not need to convert . I think getting a new tape measure might be your best bet especially if you intend to follow British Isles/European plans. Best of both worlds . Hope this helps. Again welcome and i hope you stay around and show us some of your work here soon.

Joe.

Mike Pullen24/12/2013 04:05:38
3 forum posts

Hi Joe

Thank you for your reply, I guess you make a good sense I will take your advice cheers Mike

john hooley 125/12/2013 20:10:45
21 forum posts

hi

do you have access to digital archive in good woodworking look at dec 2009 back page see if this helps

you john

Julian26/12/2013 11:02:09
552 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. If you have access to a copy of Woodturning Magazine there is a conversion table from 3/64th to 56" in old money and the other way in new money, you will find after a while of using metric that it comes second nature. Regards -- Julian

Mike Pullen26/12/2013 18:21:24
3 forum posts

Hi John

I dont have acess Digital Archive but tthanks for your reply Mike

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact