By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Tale of Woe,

Buying goods from adverts on this site.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ivor the engine23/11/2013 12:11:15
270 forum posts
46 photos

Dear Members, On the 31/10/13 I ordered an 8oz pot of Titebond III Waterproof wood glue from an advert on this site Intelligent Workshop paid £8.69 inc tax / p/p i know it's not a big order but i have a small outside job to do and thought i would give this a try, got a confirmation of my order by return, Heard nothing, 10/11/13 Sent email enquiring if it was on it's way, Still nothing, 15/11/13 sent another email got an acknowlegment of my email no delivery date or explanation why, 20/11/13 sent another email asking for news or a refund, to this date I have not heard from them, so what do i do stay quite and wait or tell others about the service and goods I haven't had, I certainly will not be shopping there again,

Ivor.

Paul Bodiam25/11/2013 13:14:40
108 forum posts
68 photos

If you paid by credit card, you should be able to claim a refund from the credit card firm - it's called a "charge back". The credit card company carries the risk until the vendor has completed their part of the contract to deliver the goods.

Ivor the engine26/11/2013 08:00:04
270 forum posts
46 photos

Hi Paul, Thanks for hint I paid through PayPal so I know I have some sort of recourse as they have been it touch,

Thanks for thought, Ivor.

Mook26/11/2013 13:02:17
1 forum posts

I know nothing about this company's status, but it seems you may not be alone:

http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/problems-with-intelligent-workshop-tools-t74586.html

I hope it's just a blip, I've bought from them in the past and received good service.

Kev

Oddjob26/11/2013 14:27:49
1635 forum posts
79 photos

According to the thread KevM has given the address of, Intelligent Workshop is in administration. i.e. gone bust! So it is probably not "just a blip."

Hopefully Ivor, Paypal will compensate you. Otherwise it looks like you have lost your dosh.

Richard

sad sam26/11/2013 17:23:27
606 forum posts
242 photos

hi there this is for the person who edited my comments on why the advert was available to us at all when other people had already had a similar problem

my question now is why was my comment editted and not answered it seemed a fair enough question to me

Derek Lane26/11/2013 17:40:17
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Posted by sad sam on 26/11/2013 17:23:27:

hi there this is for the person who edited my comments on why the advert was available to us at all when other people had already had a similar problem

my question now is why was my comment editted and not answered it seemed a fair enough question to me

Do you mean your comment here **LINK** as there is two threads with the same title running. I have a feeling that Ivor may have posted twice without realising it, I know I have done this before.

Doug26/11/2013 17:54:42
3415 forum posts
35 photos

It would appear that both his web site & forum are not available, I don`t know if this is a consequence of the troubles intelligent workshop is having.

Cheers.

Doug

Steven26/11/2013 18:20:29
143 forum posts
11 photos
367 articles

Hi Sam,

Derek has kindly answered your question and just to say I wouldn’t edit what was a fair and open question, which as you can see was answered in the other post, follow Derek’s link.

The two posts have become a little confusing and I thought it best to leave it that way as merging them made no sense.

We should all stick to this thread from now on.

Steven.

Ivor the engine27/11/2013 07:28:25
270 forum posts
46 photos

Yes sorry about this slip of the finger, Ivor.

Edited By Ivor the engine on 27/11/2013 07:31:01

Ivor the engine28/11/2013 07:39:24
270 forum posts
46 photos

I agree with you Sam I could have spent £500 or more then what, it's funny how other people find out these things before the one you are dealing with do, I will have to look at other forums next time if there is one, I shall fight on to get my £8.69 small as it may be back as it leaves a sour taste in my mouth,

Take care, Ivor.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact