By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

New Site Platform Now Live

Please use this thread to report any issues.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Oddjob22/01/2009 16:54:28
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Brian
Sorry I don't know that - yet.
I'll have a look later and let you know if I succeed.

Baz

Glad I was able to help you too - especially as I wanted to look at your burr pictures again.

Richard
Oddjob22/01/2009 17:03:23
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Brian

When you click "edit album" you can insert a comment - even to pics uploaded long ago.

Richard
Sparky22/01/2009 18:10:48
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Ben
Just in case you didn't get my email, the link on the Woodworker of the year page doesn't work. When selecting the entry form link it send you to a......

Page Not Found

The page you requested cannot be found.

Click here to go to the homepage

..........other than that, I hope your crew arnt scratching all of their hair out.....just yet!
Marc

Oddjob22/01/2009 18:17:28
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Ben

You seem to have sorted most things now - your web designers got their fingers out at last.

These are the only issues I can find now:

Some "Contribute" links still don't work.
No email notification of responses - quite important when following several threads.
Use of blue and purple text - a) Don't like the colours. b) Use of the colours seems random.

For your interest, a different woodworking forum switched platforms this week.  I acknowledge that it is a simpler more basic site than GW but the switch was done overnight with hardly a hitch!

I hope that you will now have a less trying time with the site and I look forward to the number of regular contributors increasing.

Richard

Richard
Ron Davis22/01/2009 19:58:26
1607 forum posts
201 photos
Hi Ben

I have tried to upload some photo's to the gallery, but I keep getting messages to say the web site has a problem, i note however that there are some photo's posted today
Help I am getting paranoid!
Ron
P J23/01/2009 11:45:00
889 forum posts
103 photos
Hi Ben,
 Another small problem I've noticed is when you look at the albums there isn't a next picture button. The only way i can get the next pic is to go back on the internet explorer bar and click on the next pic. Apart from that it doesn't look to bad.
P J
Woodworker23/01/2009 11:56:22
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Hi Brian; The commenting on photo's function isn't currently available but it is on the list of must haves.

Hi Sparky; Thanks for the tip, I'll get that sorted.

Hi Richard; Hopefully we're getting there.

Hi Ron; I think this was a temporary issue with the sites server. Give it another go, it should work now.

Email alerts are still down but should be working again soon. 

Woodworker23/01/2009 14:26:14
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles

Hi all, we've just taken a new feature live for linking gallery pics into the forum. 

I would appreciated your feedback.

Cheers,
Ben 
Woodworker23/01/2009 14:48:33
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Hi Marc, I've uploaded a PDF of the Woodworker of the Year competition entry form. You can either download it from the competition page of use this link (right click and 'save as') 3.6 MB file.

Hope that helps.

Ben
Sparky23/01/2009 17:46:01
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Ben
Many thanks for that (email sent too )

Linking the images is a great idea mate and I hope, (when the slaves have done it! ), that the info on the image appears with it too as this will be one major benefit to all.

Thanks again.
Marc
Mike Garnham24/01/2009 08:32:58
4114 forum posts
1 photos
Hows everything working now, fellas?

Has it all settled down? I notice that there is very little activity on the forum........

Ben,
as soon as I type an apostrophe, the cursor jumps out of the text box, and a bar at the bottom of the screen ("Quick Find- Links Only") opens with the cursor in that. This is very annoying, and happens in PMs as well.

Mike

Oddjob24/01/2009 15:40:23
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Hi Mike

I know you've only been "absent" for a few days but welcome back anyway.

I agree there has been very little activity here in the last few days.  I guess that some members, like you, have been taking a bit of a sabatical whilst the techies settle things down.

The site is much better now though there are a few minor niggles outstanding it seems.  Not enough to keep you away though - I hope.

That's an odd one you've got there for Ben to sort out!  Errant cursor indeedI haven't experienced any similar problem nor have any others reported such a thing.
I shall be almost as interested as you to discover the cause.

Richard
George Arnold25/01/2009 13:02:44
1834 forum posts
191 photos
 Where do they goI down loaded some photos only to find half of them have disappeared, I thought I had corrected them yesterday only to find they have gone again.
I will have to cancell the album and try again.
George
Ralph Harvey26/01/2009 20:17:30
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Ben
sorry if this one has already been mentioned but any chance of reversing the photos in the galleries, placing the most recent at the foot of the page makes it dificult to see the latest ones.

Also can you add a link to advance through the photos rather than returning to the gallery to pick the next one.

Ralph
Ralph Harvey28/01/2009 18:11:48
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Can anyone tell me how to start a thread about a photo in someones gallery, we used to have a link to discuss it in the forum not sure what to do now ?

Thanks Ralph

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tormek
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact