By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

New Site Platform Now Live

Please use this thread to report any issues.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Terry King14/01/2009 12:22:23
5 forum posts
Hi Ben,
   Logout button seems not to be working.New site problem or local?The selection banner,top of page,is also incomplete is this part of the same problem or are the gremlins in my p.c. again?
   Terry.
Mike Garnham14/01/2009 13:27:36
4114 forum posts
1 photos
Ben,,

hope you haven't pulled all your hair out over the last couple of weeks!!

I haven't had a good look around yet.............I have to say that I find the new look a little off-putting, and it doesn't make me want to linger. Particularly, the lists of threads feel very crowded, and the fonts are very similar.........it doesn't feel like a whole lot of seperate threads so much as a page of text.

Is it possible to make the listings within "Latest Posts" lists more differentiated. It used to be absolutely first-class.

Mike
Derek Lane14/01/2009 15:59:28
3204 forum posts
990 photos
I think the old layout for the forum was much better. As Mike says to crowded Trying to read last post date on forum page all blures into one. Gallery is much better though (oops sorry Albums)
Oddjob14/01/2009 16:09:27
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Ben at al

This is my second attempt to post comments - the first hasn't appeared!  I suppose that is now my first comment!

I agree with Baz and others that pale blue on white is not good.
I too have noted that my postings tally has doubled.

Latest News on the homepage has links that don't work properly - no pictures.

Some post headings are purple with blue topics others are vice-versa.  Perhaps there is some logice but if so, I can't see it.  I don't like it very much anyway.

Keep up the good work

Richard

Sparky14/01/2009 17:55:03
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Baz, Richard.
Are you using IE or FireFox as I have the green coloured box with white writing on both.

I'd have to agree with the grouped up forum thread links. I feel the old boxed selections worked a lot better.

Last comment made on a thread hasn't got a link anymore, you need to open the thread and scroll through to the last.

I noticed the spell checker not working too but, the wrong spelt words are highlighted and when right clicked, you do get a great deal of choices which is a great addition......nice one lads.

still looking around but still think your all doing a very hard job and will get a few niggles. Once sorted I feel this will be a good upgrade.

Keep up the good work girls/guys.
Marc

PS; Just left a comment but was sent to sign on before leaving comments........i was!!
Sparky14/01/2009 17:56:59
7631 forum posts
22 photos
that worked this time!
Oddjob14/01/2009 18:21:00
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Sorry guys!

Just discovered that threads now open on the first page - not the last as before.
My post about my first attempt to post comments failing was therefore an error.

I suppose it will all come out in the wash as they say.

Richard
Sparky14/01/2009 21:51:44
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Takes a bit of time Richard......they are doing their best.................if not, we shall sack Ben!
Nigel Bennett14/01/2009 22:01:10
153 forum posts
38 photos

Where's the spell checker guys?  I'm using Firefox at the momment.
Sparky14/01/2009 22:17:47
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Nigel, get the google tool bar with spell checker >> here << 

Marc
Mailee14/01/2009 23:26:29
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
I have the same problems as the others on here but I also only have half of the title buttons at the top of the screen, actually it is less than half and very difficult to read which one to click on. Still no photos appearing on the forum posts either. As for the spell checker, you will jus thave to put up with my bad spelling. Certainly loads much quicker than the old one though.
Richard Brown15/01/2009 08:17:16
12 forum posts
I like the idea that the titles change colour after you view the item BUT they should revert to the original colour after you leave the site.
At the moment they are still the new colour the next day.
Thank you
Oddjob15/01/2009 10:12:16
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Ben et al

Still working hard I presume as the issues raised still exist?

I note that "message member" and "ignore member" do not appear at the foot of my postings as they do on everyone elses.  How do I correct that?

Richard
Woodworker15/01/2009 10:50:22
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

Many of the issues raised here should be fixed over the next few days and weeks. I've been assured that there will be a spell checker soon.

Forum alerts aren't currently working but should be up and running soon.

I'm still getting used to the new system here so bear with me ~ I hope I haven't got the sack just yet

If you come across problems on specific pages then please include a link where possible. 

Cheers,
Ben 
Mike Garnham15/01/2009 13:55:56
4114 forum posts
1 photos
Ben,

a link on this page that used to work doesn't work any more (404 page not found).............and boy,  that new link dialogue box is confusing!!

Mike

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact