By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What you all doing

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek Lane06/10/2013 17:11:42
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

A little quite at the moment. Does this mean that A. you are all doing nothing. or B. Working on a large project.

I have not made anything that has been completed but working on another Rocker in the form of a car.

So what are you making. It would be nice if some of the lurkers who make things let us know as well.

Wolfie06/10/2013 18:31:32
406 forum posts
76 photos

Hi Derek, I have started to make a jewellery box. I sent off to the New Yankee Workshop for the plans.Typical Americans, it's huge! They must be really rich folks over the pond cos it would take for ever to half fill it. I have taken the basic idea and cut it down to a more reasonable size but it's still fairly big. Lucky me,off to Tenerife for 2weeks so will post some pics of progress when I get back.

cheers. Ian

Simon Reeves07/10/2013 12:55:39
622 forum posts
227 photos

I've been playing with a piece of lilac from a bush that we unfortunately had to cut down. When I chopped through the trunk (about 5" diameter) the figuring looked really interesting, so I thought turning another vase might be worth a try, especially as this was really wet wood.

I can see why lilac is not used for turning!!***??! It started splitting almost as soon as it was cut, but I persevered and hollowed out a pleasing shape, filling in the splits with CA glue as I went. I managed to complete the turning, but I thought I would leave it to dry out completely, with the base tenon still attached, to see how things went, before I went for the final shape and removed the tenon. So far, there is one particular split near the base which was not there when I took it off the lathe, which has widened over the last week to about 1/8". I'm still working on it, and I'll post pics of the final thing, regardless of how it ends up - maybe even as a warning to others crook...

Simon

Edited By Simon Reeves on 07/10/2013 12:56:10

Derek Lane07/10/2013 16:34:39
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

It's good to see that someone else is making something. But what about every one else I think they must have hibernated for winter.

Ian look forward to the jewellery chest should have left it full size will give the misses something to do like go shopping and buy some.wink.

Simon keep with it hope it turns out OK look forward to some photo's

Ron Davis07/10/2013 19:26:47
1619 forum posts
201 photos

I have been making Christmas tree decorations, we have decided to make these along with a plastic tree and a cheque to support the local Hospice, We will present them at our November meeting for sale in their charity shop.

I will post a picture when we have them all in.

Suggestions for ideas for this will be appreciated

Ron

Doug07/10/2013 21:23:54
3415 forum posts
35 photos

I still like to get to the lathe whenever time allows & even drop by here occasionally, though not as much as I should.

Updated my album tonight if anyones interested in whats been spinning in my workshop recently.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Best wishes.

Edited By Doug Barratt on 07/10/2013 21:25:50

dennis wake07/10/2013 22:07:23
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles

I have been doing several items for the ship I do turning for. they range from pens to Christmas decorations and also yet another set of spindles for a full size hors cart. I think over the last 4 years I have made at least 50 sets for him up to now. and he still wants another set. also several decorations for my Christmas fairs that I have to do.

denni

Edited By dennis wake on 07/10/2013 22:08:10

Brian Barber08/10/2013 21:21:06
161 forum posts
244 photos

Hi Derek,

have been quiet for some time now but nevertheless busy at my obsession, sorry, woodwork. Have new granddaughter since March so time for posting news etc has been limited. I know it doesn't take long but somehow just getting down to sorting photos etc just seems to be out of reach at present. anyway have made a stool for the christening. Prior to that a display cabinet for baptismal oils at our Cathedral followed by a granddaughter clock and a hall table. Also having a go at woodcarving. will post some pics of each of these soon.

Best wishes to all

Brian

Derek Lane09/10/2013 14:29:42
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Glad to hear that many are in the workshop and making things. Look forward to seeing some of them in the albums.

And those that have posted some pictures I will go and have a look. My project is no where near ready yet so will have to wait for photo's

Big Al09/10/2013 17:08:59
1604 forum posts
73 photos

I started a chest of drawers for my daughter back in June, but work has got in the way a bit. So it will get finished if as or whenever.

I also have a coffee table and a fire surround to make when the chest of drawers are finished.

Will post pictures once they are finished, just dont know when.

Al

sad sam09/10/2013 17:48:55
609 forum posts
251 photos

hi derek

what am i up to im busy making apple crumbles corned beef and potato pies sausage rolls and bread buns

they are all more appetising than woodwork dont take as long to make and by the end of the day they have all been eaten

apart from that the usual christmas decorations nowt special YET

daveO09/10/2013 17:59:59
250 forum posts
32 photos

hi derek

I've been scrolling away as if theres no tomorrow, sales are increasing month on month so cant complain. Other than that I still do a bit of kitchen fitting and have another four to do before the festive season

Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact