By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Another set of robes!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mailee10/09/2013 18:57:41
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

Yesterday I started work on another set of wardrobes. Again they are in oak veneered MDF. This one is a little different as one of the 'robes' houses the immersion heater and associated pipework, for this reason one of them will have to be built on site as a framework rather than the usual 'boxes'.
With a short break to fit the small gate this morning I managed to get the large panels cut out along with the tops and bottoms. I then cut the biscuit slots in them all and lipped the edges with oak.
1.jpg
I also made up the plinth for these two and another section of plinth which will be removable in case the immersion tank needs replacing. (these are in glue up so no pics at the moment) I shall make the third robe as a face frame to match in with the others and use battens for the shelving. Inside I shall make a slatted section to hide the tank and have two slatted shelves above it. There are a lot of pipes in there so I figured this would be the best way of building it.

Derek Lane11/09/2013 18:29:14
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Looks like another great build Mailee. Pipe work can be the proverbial pain

Mailee11/09/2013 21:03:41
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

Yes, your right there Derek and there are plenty of them on this one.

With the carcasses ready for the finish I made a start on the cornice today and got them assembled.
dscn3244.jpg
I then started machining up the timber for the doors.dscn3245.jpg

Mailee24/09/2013 19:33:52
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

Well I finally got the doors finished today ready for a finish on them. Seems to have taken a long time but I have been working on other jobs too.
dscn3260.jpg

dscn3259.jpg
12 doors in all, six lower and six upper cupboard doors. I am on another job tomorrow so it will have to take a back seat again.

Mailee14/11/2013 17:13:35
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

I got back to the customers home today to fit the cornice after the decorator had been. (I also had some cupboard doors to fit that I had made so it was a good days work) Anyway I took a couple of shots of the wardrobes now they are finished.
dscn3307.jpg
dscn3308.jpg
Another happy customer I am glad to say.

Doug14/11/2013 18:16:29
3415 forum posts
35 photos

Lovely work Al & a happy customer to boot, what more can you ask.

Doug.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact