By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Table saw dust extraction

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Williams30/07/2013 21:34:24
16 forum posts

Can somebody advise me ?. I am running a SIP 10inch induction motor table saw, my quester is ?

I seem to be having an excessive amount of saw dust collecting under the table and very little going in to the dust extractor I have changed all the hoses and also checked that the dust extractor is working ok still no improvement I have contacted SIP technical department and was told that all table saw react like this at present i am running a 1hp dust extractor, I am just wondering could this be my problem that my dust extractor in not powerful enough

Big Al31/07/2013 05:35:44
1596 forum posts
73 photos

I too have the same saw and have the same problem and from post's on this forum we are not alone.

If you take off the left hand cover from the side of the machine you can see that the open box around the blade that the extraction is mounted too is inadequate. The main problem that I can see is that the blade isn't covered enough and that the saw dust just gets ejected and lands underneath the machine.

I have tried to add some plywood to compensate but the box rises and falls with the blade so it's not that easy. As I only use my saw occasionally I tend to move it out of the way once every few months and clean up before putting it back.

Al

Simon Reeves31/07/2013 12:57:44
622 forum posts
227 photos

Yup, me too.

It's the slot at the back where the riving knife moves up and down that's the main problem I think. As an experiment I partially covered the slot with some wide adhesive tape, which definitely seems to have improved things, but obviously you can't cover the whole slot in the same way, as the knife sticks out.

I've not tried it yet, but I have a piece of "brush" type draught excluder that I'm going to fit on either side at the back of the extractor box, so that the brushes meet in the mid line, fitting it as high as possible to cover as much of the open part as possible. Hopefully this should allow the knife to move freely and also divert at least some of the sawdust back down towards the extractor port and not onto the floor.

If it works, I'll post some pix.

Simon

Colin Williams31/07/2013 23:04:43
16 forum posts

hope it works simon thank for the reply much appreciated

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tormek
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact