By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

combination machines

anyone know first hand about.....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Hiersche12/07/2013 05:21:18
5 forum posts
6 photos

If anyone has any advice (or other recommendations) I'd be grateful. I'm looking at getting a new combination machine and a bit worried considering the outlay for the machine. I've been looking at an iTech C300 or C3 31 Comfort. Ideally I'll get to their showrooms to have a look, but that is not a possibility right now given my location and other commitments.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these machines or have any other suggestions what to look at?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Doug12/07/2013 13:31:06
3415 forum posts
35 photos

I can only comment on the C3 31 as last year I was employed to do a lot of work on a large property & this machine was supplied for the conversion & preparation of sawn hardwood into differing components. It was also used for breaking down sheet materials.

I found the machine capable of everything it was asked to do, It was straight forward to use, easy to set up & very accurate.

I was so impressed with the build quality & preformance that I`ve ordered the Hammer saw/spindle combination machine for my own workshop.

I would also add when buying new machines from Hammer they are made to order so are not available immediately, there is usually a 8-10 week lead time.

Cheers.

Doug

Richard Hiersche13/07/2013 19:03:22
5 forum posts
6 photos

Hi Doug,

Thank you for the info. It certainly has been a lot easier finding out info about the Hammer than the iTech. It is looking to be a pretty solid bit of kit.

Cheers,

Richard

Doug14/07/2013 10:00:01
3415 forum posts
35 photos

Hi Richard.

I should have added that if you are interested in a Hammer machine, get in touch with them & they will try & arrange a viewing for you with an owner of the type of machine you`re interested in within your locality.

Another make you might be interested in is SCM, I`m currently using one on site at a church conversion, it`s a Mini Max, though I don`t know the model number.

It is an older machine, very robust though a little undersized but I`m sure there would be larger more modern  models.

Cheers.

Doug.

Edited By Doug Barratt on 14/07/2013 10:02:28

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tormek
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact