By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

18v Ryobi One+ Range - 2013

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Davison27/06/2013 23:18:46
9 forum posts

Is anybody familiar with the Ryobi One+ Range currently on sale in B&Q?

I am in the market for a few new power tools - drill, jiggy, circ.saw, impact driver etc. This 18v battery range seems reasonable at first inspection. Is Ryobi gear generally well made to mild/medium duty use?

Ive looked around the net/forums and found a few comments on this which seem to be generally positive, though mostly from 2008 time. Can anybody offer their opinions on a more recent experience?

#light-medium user.

daveO28/06/2013 16:13:09
250 forum posts
32 photos

Chris

I bought a pair of 18v drills on special offer some years ago, and was happier enough to buy another pair as the business grew. I still have them they work well, but the batteries are now failing, but thats only to be expected as they are now old and are only nicad. In conclusion I would think that the new range (including the batteries) can only be better than they ever where and would not hesitate in buying again. HTH

Dave

Vaughan Jones01/07/2013 08:17:58
1 forum posts

Chris,

Ryobi is a good solid make, I have a cordless screwdriver, and it is fine. Might be worth comparing prices against Screwfix, but as long as the batteries are 18v Li-ion should be ok, worth noting that the new Li-ion batteries will fit tools powered by the original Ni-Cads.

Vaughan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tormek
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact