By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

New moderator

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steven18/03/2013 22:12:57
143 forum posts
11 photos
367 articles

Hi my name is Steve and would like to introduce myself as your new website editor and forum moderator.

I am excited to get started and look forward to building on what’s good, as well as tightening up the look and feel of the site.

Don’t worry I won’t go mad just work on what’s not there right now. Obviously I’m going to be beavering away in the back ground, so keep going with what you all do so well.

Steve.

dennis wake18/03/2013 22:33:18
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles

hi Steve and welcome as the site moderator. i hope we all have fun and enjoy the articals intended to help others and to show all our talent to make this site better than it already is. dennis

Steven18/03/2013 23:33:20
143 forum posts
11 photos
367 articles

Thankyou for your welcome Dennis, I agree fun, enjoyment and sharing of knowledge are what makes this forum strong, we can i am sure build on the talented members contributing to the forum.

Steve.

Edited By Steven on 18/03/2013 23:34:26

Oddjob19/03/2013 10:55:50
1635 forum posts
79 photos

Welcome Steven and good luck with the improvements. I feel sure that all contributors here also welcome you and look forward to the fruit of your labours.

One of the issues that is a frequent concern of members is lack of response from the publishers with regard to subscription issues. We are also frustrated by the loss of the site videos that were so useful to us all. Perhaps you will be able help in these matters?

Richard

Wolfie19/03/2013 11:21:15
406 forum posts
76 photos

welcome Steve and good luck with your new job.

cheers Ian

Steven19/03/2013 11:29:41
143 forum posts
11 photos
367 articles

Hi Richard, thankyou also for your welcome. I will be keeping a close eye on the forums and aim to resolve issues as swiftly as I can. In response to your concerns about the loss of videos can I ask that you attempt to view them again as I believe they are now working correctly. Steve.

Simon Reeves19/03/2013 12:48:55
622 forum posts
227 photos

Hi Steve and welcome from me too. I'm sure you're looking forward to the "challenges", which hopefully won't be too hard.

Simon

Julian19/03/2013 13:29:57
544 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Steve -- Welcome to the forum and i hope you don't get too frosty a welcome but I am sure you will get to know us very soon. With the videos I get the following error

Unable to load stream or clip file Error when trying to run video

Best of luck in the new job and with the new company, My Time Media

Derek Lane19/03/2013 16:43:54
3204 forum posts
990 photos

Hi Steven and yet another welcome. Hope you enjoy the banter. Are you a woodworker if so what type do you enjoy

Ron Davis19/03/2013 17:04:03
1599 forum posts
201 photos

Hi Steve welcome to the site, you are needed!

Good luck with it

Ron

Oddjob19/03/2013 20:14:08
1635 forum posts
79 photos

Steve

Yes, the videos are working again for me. Thanks very much to you or whoever fixed them.

Richard

Steven19/03/2013 20:43:10
143 forum posts
11 photos
367 articles

Hi, a big thanks for all the welcomes,

Simon, I like to think we all enjoy a challenge it keeps us ticking.

Julian, thanks for the warning, no seriously I think I'm going to like it here.

Sorry to hear of your problems accessing video I tested various browsers on pc and mac with no issues, I apologise for possibly stating the obvious have you tried another browser and updated your version of flashplayer?

Perhaps other members can let us know of their experince with video, Richard has kindly posted that videos are now working for him.

Derek, I have been working with wood since the good old fashioned three year apprentiship, have been furniture making, building carnival structures and other bits and pieces in between. Currently I run a workshop in further education as technical instructor in 3 Dimensional design working with wood, metal and plastics.

Ron, it's always nice to be needed.

Steve

Oddjob21/03/2013 13:31:41
1635 forum posts
79 photos

Steve

"building carnival structures" you say. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese, you can't leave it there - tell us more - with piccies.

No rush, I expect you have a job to do as well as faff around with we hobbyists!

Richard

steve h25/03/2013 22:07:16
403 forum posts
128 photos

Sounds like things are getting interesting!

An interactive moderator with woodworking experience!

Welcome Steve, I suddenly feel like posting again, although I never stop reading what all these guys (sorry and ladies) are up to.

Looking forward to a fresh perspective!

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact