By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Which tablesaw - Bosch GTS 10 XC

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Nicholls05/03/2013 18:03:45
14 forum posts

Hi all,

After a quick site search I don't really see this topic covered. Ideally I am looking for a table saw with some oomph and reliability.

The Bosch GTS 10 XC, has caugght my eye, does anyone have any experience. Ideally I would love to g for the cast top model but as I need to ship it in, price is very much a factor.

Any other comparisons appreciated, I took the detail from the 2013 Axminster catalogue. Regarding power/cutting tools you will probably see a few more posts form me on these topics

Big Al05/03/2013 20:32:13
1596 forum posts
73 photos

I have just had a look at the saw on axminster's web site, personally I dont think that it will have the oomph that you want from it. Also it has a very small table which is Ok for small project's, but you may find that this will limit you.

Al

Mark Nicholls05/03/2013 22:04:05
14 forum posts

Thanks Big A,

It's pretty much the problem I face - wrong location, I am not worried about the table size, I can accomodate that issue, its the sturdinest/reliability I am concerned about.

To put some more clarity around it, my later project will be a heavy duty bandsaw, which will be the big investment and a jointer/planer, at the moment I am fedup with saw horses and a circular saw and a electric planer, to do the donkey work.

Mark Nicholls14/05/2013 20:12:17
14 forum posts

Re-visited.

I thought some more about a tablesaw. I think Al had it right, the Bosch is a site saw and I am not willing to hope I get an accurate model and the footprint is too small.

After looking at makes such as SIP, Axminster, and local stuff - Einhell for example, I decided to take the plunge and buy a saw I have heard a lot about but not actually seen, a leap of faith so to speak. I have purchased a Precisa 3, from Steppach in Germany.

I really hope I have made the right choice as I eagerly await its delivery from Germany. The way I see it this should be my first and last table saw purchase.

Regards all.

Simon Reeves15/05/2013 12:52:14
622 forum posts
227 photos

Hi Mark

Assume you mean "Scheppach". I don't have the saw, but I do have their Basato 3 bandsaw, which is a very well spec'd and nicely made machine, so I guess that if that is anything to go by, the saw should be too. Interesting that you should buy from Germany, as you can also buy this saw from Screwfix. Mind you, at almost £1250 it's not cheap, but you do get all the gizmos to make it into a proper tool.

When you get it, do check the quality of the blade. If it's anything like the standard blade that came with the Basato 3, my advice would be to take it off and keep it as a spare, and buy a quality one from Freud, CMT or the like. It will make all the difference, both to the cut, the accuracy and the noise level. Why the suppliers don't just do this in the first place is beyond me, as a sub-standard blade seems to be the biggest complaint people have about all power saws.

Simon

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact