By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Introduction

Hello

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Nicholls01/03/2013 23:34:55
14 forum posts

Hi everyone,

I would like to say to everyone hello, I have been off the tools for 20+ years and am getting back to it. What a learning curve, but not amazed how the basics still apply.

B/regards

Mark Nicholls.

Oddjob02/03/2013 09:09:44
1635 forum posts
79 photos

Hi Mark and welcome. We are a friendly lot here, or perhaps I should say a friendly few because there are not many active contributors nowadays. Please fill in your profile to tell us a little about you and do post pictures of your work.

Richard

daveO02/03/2013 11:29:26
250 forum posts
32 photos

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum, as Richard says please do post and ask as many questions as you want , and you will be sure to get some good advice.

Dave

Wolfie02/03/2013 13:25:00
406 forum posts
76 photos

Hi Mark and welcome. I hope you will benefit as much as I have from the advice given on this forum. We really are a friendly bunch. There are many very knowledgable people who contribute and any praise or indeed criticism is genuine and never ment to offend. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

cheers. Ian

Simon Reeves02/03/2013 16:06:13
622 forum posts
227 photos

Add my welcome to the others Mark. This really is a good site for sharing knowledge and tips, as well as your work, so we look forward to seeing some of it.

Simon

Derek Lane03/03/2013 15:54:43
3204 forum posts
990 photos

Hi Mark and welcome. What type of things do you like to make or would like to make.

Remember no question is silly we all at one time have asked one

Mark Nicholls03/03/2013 16:47:08
14 forum posts

Hi & thanks all,

I have updated my page details. Essentially my interests are ( regarding wood related) - greenwood working for chairs/tables, tool handles/outdoor structures also for making shingles. I love working - cabinet making enterprises via the table saw and bench joinery and relish traditional tools (not adverse to power tools).

Essentially after the recession in the 90's, and becoming a IT corporate slave, as a result, (and sanity related) have moved out of the city, (and abroad), I want to go back to what I deem freedom and make it my hobby/career and retirement plan. So much has evolved over the years, I will be asking questions and seeking guidance.

Especially power tool related. At the moment am upgrading the home.

Mark Nicholls03/03/2013 16:47:09
14 forum posts

Hi & thanks all,

I have updated my page details. Essentially my interests are ( regarding wood related) - greenwood working for chairs/tables, tool handles/outdoor structures also for making shingles. I love working - cabinet making enterprises via the table saw and bench joinery and relish traditional tools (not adverse to power tools).

Essentially after the recession in the 90's, and becoming a IT corporate slave, as a result, (and sanity related) have moved out of the city, (and abroad), I want to go back to what I deem freedom and make it my hobby/career and retirement plan. So much has evolved over the years, I will be asking questions and seeking guidance.

Especially power tool related. At the moment am upgrading the home.

dennis wake03/03/2013 19:56:29
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles

hi Mark and welcome to the site you will notice we are a veriety of skiles and traides here and all willing to give advice from our vast nolage. dennis

Julian05/03/2013 13:30:22
545 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Mark -- Welcome to the forum, we look forward to seeing some of your work and helping if we can with your questions. You say that you are not in the UK, I would be interested to hear what the market position is in Hungary with regards to the purchase of tools etc  --  Julian

Edited By Julian on 05/03/2013 13:32:02

Mark Nicholls05/03/2013 17:52:19
14 forum posts
Posted by Julian on 05/03/2013 13:30:22:

Hi Mark -- Welcome to the forum, we look forward to seeing some of your work and helping if we can with your questions. You say that you are not in the UK, I would be interested to hear what the market position is in Hungary with regards to the purchase of tools etc -- Julian

Edited By Julian on 05/03/2013 13:32:02

Hi Julian - et al,

Tools are not to clever to come by, a lot of chinese junk and cast offs, unless your willing to travel into Austria or Germany, or do the flea markets, its a popular bidding site, or for me Axminster.

Timber though, thats more interesting, you have Baumax or the likes which is a German version of Do it all, which is good for decking or PAR firewood. Unless you look at some real timber merchants like Zatica, where you buy & need to mill it yourself, there is very little inbetween.

Plywood is a virtual unknown and MDF is another topic altogether.

I really do look forward to posting some of my work. Will be in touch soon (and in the correct thread).

B/R Mark.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact