By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Flamed mahogany cabinet

Dining room cabinet

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin Howlett 121/02/2013 12:58:06
9 forum posts
17 photos

This is a recently completed piece for a client in Wimbledon. The doors are flamed mahogany with brass pear drop door pulls. The open shelving above is framed with a Ovolo cornice and Astragal details.

Thanks for looking

Edited By Martin Howlett 1 on 21/02/2013 13:14:49

Edited By Martin Howlett 1 on 21/02/2013 13:16:19

Les Hetherington21/02/2013 17:17:54
145 forum posts
53 photos

Nice work mate, i wish that i could make things like that. Les

Derek Lane21/02/2013 18:15:34
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Hi and welcome to the site.

Great job on the cabinet. How long did it take to make and what are the dimentions also which finish did you use on it.

Sorry for so many questions.

If you can it would be better to post pictures in the thread, If you get stuck just ask away we don't bite honest

Edited By Derek Lane on 21/02/2013 18:18:30

Martin Howlett 121/02/2013 19:27:00
9 forum posts
17 photos

Hi

thanks for the comments, it took me 2 weeks. It is finished with Danish oil ( customers request) the dimensions are height - 1700 mm width - 1620mm depth of bottom cabinet - 430mm depth of shelving - 300mm.

yes could you brief me on posting pics, I did try to follow the picture posting guide and failed. I have lots of other projects I want to post.

Regards

martin

Derek Lane21/02/2013 22:06:07
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Martin all you need to do is to sign in then got to your album find the photo you want at the top of your posting underneath it you will find the box you started this thread with see picture below

Enter the text you want to put in it and submit you posting.

thread.jpg

If you would like to add more photo's to the thread then click on the little black camera icon and you will get.

Derek Lane21/02/2013 22:07:04
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

camera.jpg

Click on one of your albums in the first column then click on one of the ones in the centre column it should then show a image in the third column. That will make sure you have the right image you want. Once you are happy with it press OK.

It will take you back to the post editor where you can either Click "ADD POSTING" or add more photo's.

If it is a long posting you may find you may have to split it in half and do it in 2 postings. Like I had to here

Hope this helps any questions just ask. There use to be a guide on here once but it was removed

Edited By Derek Lane on 21/02/2013 22:07:28

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact