By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Selecta Home Workshop (circa 1950s)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cerith Jones01/02/2013 15:07:15
2 forum posts
1 photos

Does any body have any literature- user manuals , or product leaflets for this 1950s piece of kitSelecta Home Workshop

Derek Lane02/02/2013 19:21:52
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Hi and welcome Cerith.

That is one old piece of equipment never seen one before but looks like you could mount a circular saw,router, or jigsaw upside down in the table. The fence is facing the wrong way if you can fit a circular saw.

Not much help I know

Cedric Wheeler03/02/2013 17:49:16
154 forum posts
31 photos

Hi Cerith

I have the very same machine which I rescued from it's journey to the local tip! Miine has had the drill mounting plate modified to take a more modern drill but is otherwise the same as yours. I don't have any manual etc on this but it will take a small circular saw blade that fits on a small shaft that goes in the drill. However, this is only suitable to cut small pieces of timber and I would not use this as I have a large bandsaw & a radial arm saw.

My father had one of these when I was a child so I was familar with it. This is a fantasticly versatile piece of kit and there is nothing on the market now to touch it. It is possible to set this machine to drill holes at virtually any angle you would possibly require and also compound angles.

Whatever you do hang on to it and play with it and I am sure that you will be surprised at it's versatility.

Regards

Cedric.

Andre Swanepoel04/10/2016 14:38:11
1 forum posts

Hi Cerith,

Yes I have an original manual / wall poster in excellent condition if you are still interested.

Regards

Andre

David A. Moody13/10/2016 06:57:31
120 forum posts
18 photos

I have a drill much like that, not sure of the brand off the top of my head, but whatever it is it has a small circular saw attachment. Last time I tried it the drill failed to operate.

Peter Wood 1205/12/2016 13:52:37
1 forum posts

Hi,

I would like a scan/photo of the manaul and poster please.

I have just uncovered one of these from back of my garage (with an A4 poster with a piece ripped out).

£17 5 shillings and 0d apparently, Bo-Selecta !

Thanks

Peter

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Robert Sorby
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact