By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Exhibitions in 2013

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John F03/01/2013 23:45:51
53 forum posts
14 photos

Hi everyone which are the best woodwork exhibitions in 2013 other than the Harrogate show in November, particularly for seeing equipmen -- tools--machines etc

Thanks John

PS have tried google but get loads of rubbish from outside UK even with a filter set to UK only !!!

dennis wake04/01/2013 09:59:11
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles

hi John ther is a few difrent ones but firstly were are you from as that will help to determin which would be the best for you to get to. yandles have 2 in the year i think . dennis

David Buskell04/01/2013 13:00:20
3 forum posts

Hi John,

Yandles is a good show but there's also the Kent show in March, European Woodworking show in September plus a whole host of other throughout the year and around the country.

Harrogate is generally accepted as being the best show-widest range of kit and demos.

Well worth the 4 hour drive (in my case) to get there.

David

Dennis Potter04/01/2013 13:27:40
3 forum posts

Hi John, Yandles and the Classic hand tools (Europenan woodworking show) are both good but I would not recommend any of the others.

Den

Ron Davis04/01/2013 19:22:01
1619 forum posts
201 photos

The European Wood working show ia good one Goggle Cressing Temple. Also as advertised in this months GW the show at Detling.

John, you have not filled in your profile, so we cannot know whether these vnues ar anywhere near you

Ron

Doug05/01/2013 20:51:36
3415 forum posts
35 photos

Years ago I used to go to all the shows in England as a matter of course because I enjoyed meeting up with friends who were exhibiting, demonstrating or just attending.

For the last couple of years I`ve only bothered with the European show & the Harrogate show, difficult to choose a favourite& both well worth visiting, just a shame they fall so close together.

Cheers.

Doug

Derek Lane05/01/2013 21:21:50
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

I find the SE show at Detling very good for general tools but there are not a lot of machines on display, but then it is quite a new show so maybe it will have more as the years go on.

I am very fortunate that it is only 1/2hr drive from my house down here in Kent

John F06/01/2013 22:30:50
53 forum posts
14 photos

Thanks for all your replies, I had hoped there would be something in London--an easy train journey--however the European show looks interesting, not to far from my sisters so B&B not a problem. I have been to the Harrogate show and it only a 2 hour drive for me.

Unfortunatly the other shows are I feel a little too far away for me.

Regards John

PS located in North Lancashire.

Ron Davis07/01/2013 16:54:50
1619 forum posts
201 photos

Derek, I will probably be going to the Detling Show, if so it will be on the Saturday, should you want tomeet up, perhaps you could send a PM

Ron

David McG16/01/2013 16:35:53
3 forum posts

Hi. We have an exhibition on March 22nd and 23rd run and sponsored by Webster Power Products.

It's free entry and will show a whole collection of power tools from festool to dewalt.

Please pre register here for early bird offers:

Power Tool, Woodworking & Garden Machinery Show in Scotland 2013

Edited By David McG on 16/01/2013 16:37:07

Edited By David McG on 16/01/2013 16:40:12

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact