Mica

Base of router,

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ivor the engine16/08/2012 20:25:20
270 forum posts
46 photos

Hi!

I want to renew the mica base on my Elu 177 router its only about 2m thick has anybody got any leads I have just got a Trend Catalogue there is a lot in there but not found what i is looking for if it is still made any help would great,

Ivor.

Ivor the engine06/09/2012 04:14:40
270 forum posts
46 photos

Having sifted through all the replys I have had from members with my delemma I finally found what I was looking for, I started off with Mica then went on to Fish paper then low and behold it was nether it turns out to be something I had been useing for most of my working life now costs an arm and a leg but clever so I bought 2,

You are never to old to learn something new,

Take care,

Ivor.

Julian06/09/2012 19:13:46
553 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Ivor -- Well, I coulden't help with the question but would love to know the answer ? - Julian

Ron Davis06/09/2012 20:30:02
1619 forum posts
201 photos

Hi Ivor, I am just a tad confused myself. Particuarly as we did not see the responses

Ron

Ivor the engine07/09/2012 09:19:44
270 forum posts
46 photos

Sorry Lads, I like a little bit of intrigue, You get the idea from my first post what I was after, I was told it was Mica then Fish paper and then Phenolic Laminate, Trend, Rutlands no joy in all 3, I still had the manual for said router after 34 years which had the part number got on the internet firm called Power Tool Spares there it was sub base so I ordered 2 for £30.11 they turned up this week, the old one was 1m thick the new one is 2m thick you stick it on the honeycone base with Evo-Stick job done it is a laminate that I am sure it is what we used in the 60s as a balancer formica made this lam without the pattern to stick on the under side of say a worktop to stop it bowing providing the grain runs the same way on both laminates you are sticking we had loads of it, you live and learn,

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Take care,

Ivor.

daveO07/09/2012 16:37:05
250 forum posts
32 photos

Ivor

you should of saidthinking

dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact