By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

kity k5 bestcombi

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
dadof429/04/2012 18:43:37
2 forum posts

hi everyone, first time time to join a forumsmiley, was lucky to get hold of a kity k5 which has been stood for some time, give her a good bit of tlc, and switched it on, motor ran yippee, cut a few bits softwood no problem switched it off, 5 mins later tried to switch it on again, nothing, got me baffled, can anyone help

Simon Reeves30/04/2012 13:14:43
622 forum posts
227 photos

Hi and welcome to the forum.

At the risk of stating the obvious, does the machine have power? I would start with the basics, but there are lots of possibilities....

If you used its own NVR switch to turn it on, but then turned it off at the wall, the NVR switch will have disconnected the power, so all you need is to turn it on using this switch.

The fuse may have blown, which is easy to check using a basic multimeter, but if it has, then you should ask why (e.g. a short or other fault further down the line). You could also check that the NVR switch is working properly with a meter, but only if you know what you're doing - if not, get a qualified electrician to do it.

Don't know the machine, but are there any mechanical interlocks that need to be in place, or microswitches that operate (or that could have been dislodged somehow by the first bit of cutting?

You may be really unlucky and have a dead motor!frown

I'm sure someone will give you better advice, but good luck.

Simon

paul wagstaffe30/04/2012 13:51:27
107 forum posts
11 photos

I have to agree with the above, start at the plug and work back with a meter, it don't sound like a burnt out motor because it would smoke and smell bad! Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Paul

daveO30/04/2012 17:13:53
250 forum posts
32 photos

hi and welcome

I'm sure the guys are right and if its found to be the fuse I would check the rating plate, because although I dont know the machine in question I would of thought it would require a 16 amp supply

dave

dadof405/05/2012 11:12:43
2 forum posts

hi guys, thanks for the good advise, had a hunch it might just be the switch simply because of the age and where it had been stood (outside under some tarp)crying. so managed to aquire one and some new cable, went online to get some fitting instructions (got to love the internet).

bit the bullet, fitted new switch and cable, and plugged her in. stood by the switch with bated breath and a few nerves, turned the switch cheekysuccess, runs like a dream. it fact you say, she purrs like a kity lolwink

thanks again all,

all i need now is to find somewhere that supplies spares lol as there is still a few minor things to sort. will post some pics when shes back to her best.

stewart gallacher29/06/2012 09:45:55
1 forum posts

Hi you guys - I'm new to this lark and find a long standing problem seeking spares for my Kity5 combi woodworker. Its given fab service but now the belt that drives the thicknesser entry roller has died. I tried Kity U.K. for spares twice but got no response. Anyone there have ideas for Kity spares suppliers?

Stoo

daveO29/06/2012 17:28:18
250 forum posts
32 photos

stewart

Hi and welcome

simply take your existing belt to a local supplier (they usually deal in belts , bearings etc) and they will match the size and length - no need for makers parts

hope that helps

regards

Dave

John Shepherd 230/12/2013 11:04:12
1 forum posts

Hi everyone,

I am considering buying a Kity K5 quite reasonably priced.... reasonably priced as it is missing the spindle cutters and the parallal table saw fence...

Is there anyway to get spares of that nature for the K5?

Many thanks in advance for your replies....

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact