By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

SIP 01332

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
pager802/04/2012 18:40:17
11 forum posts

Hi all, I am looking to buy a decent CI table saw and like the look of the SIP 01332 it seems to have good things said of it on this forum. Before I buy I would ideally like to see one (In action preferably) I contacted SIP and they have not got one on display. Is there anywhere that you well informed guys know of that I might be able to do this I am based in Bristol and am willing to travel reasonable distance to achieve this

Thank you all

Sam02/04/2012 23:29:31
386 forum posts
110 photos

Not wishing to be biased but try Yandles , South Somerset , there show is in a fortnight , and they are a SIP supplier ..Only an hour drive for you .

Kind regards Sam

Big Al03/04/2012 06:59:45
1604 forum posts
73 photos

I have owned this saw for about 6 years, and my only criticism is the dust extraction, its very poor. But, SIP may have improved the dust collection on the machine.

Al

pager804/04/2012 14:30:54
11 forum posts

Sam, Thanks for your response but I can see no mention of any SIP products on Yandles site, it would geat if there was as I intend to be at the spring show anyway

pager8 (Geoff)

steve h05/04/2012 14:22:35
403 forum posts
128 photos

Hi Geoff, I have had this machine for two years and think its a cracking saw -

Like Al, the dust extraction is not great.

Changed the blade with a CMT and cuts beautifully -

Steve.

Simon Reeves08/04/2012 16:47:39
622 forum posts
227 photos

Hi Geoff

Agree with all the above. I was clearing up this morning and thought how much better this saw would be if the dust extraction were more effective. It seems to me that most of the sawdust ends up inside the machine rather than down the extractior tube. I've used 2 different types of extractor and it's the same with both. Other than that it's a great bit of kit, but do as Steve and I have done and get a decent blade.

Simon

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact