By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What do people thing of Axminster Bandsaws?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David McGovern22/03/2012 12:29:07
8 forum posts

Does anyone have any experience of using the Axminster AWHBS450N Bandsaw?

I am thinking of buying the one above and would like peoples oppinions either on it or other makes with similar specs.

Derek Lane22/03/2012 13:40:54
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

I have heard good things about the Axminster bandsaws along with the service they give which is good. Like many makes and suppliers there are always those that like and those that will put them down but in this case the likes outway the amount of people that dislike there products and service.

I am also on the lookout for my first bandsaw and would not hesitate to buy one of theirs. The only thing that is advised as with many makes of bandsaw is to buy a good blade to replace the ones supplied.

Andy Spina22/03/2012 18:39:26
7 forum posts

Hi David.

I was actually going to get one last week. I'd been pondering it for over a week. I read some reviews on it and while there are some who like Axminster there are those who absolutely can't stand their machines or their customer service.

In the end I got a Metabo BAS 317. Good saw but, as usual, the blades supplied are useless. The saw can be average but the blades can make all the difference.

Maybe hunt around for reviews of the Axminster Bandsaw you're after and it might help you make a decision.

Good luck mate.

Andy

Roger Provins23/03/2012 05:40:00
23 forum posts

I've had the Axminster AWHBS350n for a few years and can't fault it. I put a decent blade on (from Tuffsaws) right from the start.

robert dignam23/03/2012 08:37:12
194 forum posts
134 photos

hi i have the smaller axminster awhbs250n bandsaw ive had it for about 4 years now and it does everything i ask it i had a dewalt bandsaw but sold it in favour of the axminster with a decent blade it works very well i have just recently started using tuff blades and highly recommend them wish i had found them sooner

Doug31/03/2012 22:29:27
3415 forum posts
35 photos

I`ve recently bought an Axminster bandsaw & am very pleased with it, particularly the guide bearings which seem well thought out.

I can post a review if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

Doug.

Oddjob01/04/2012 20:53:14
1635 forum posts
79 photos

I'm not in the market for a new one as I am very happy with my SIP (having replaced the poor rip fence and bought decent blades) but always interested in impartial reviews. I'm never sure that magazine reviews are impartial.

Richard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Triton
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact