By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Built myself a workbench...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Toppa Martedi04/03/2012 04:57:01
17 forum posts
5 photos

I'm still new to carving, but realised if I wasn't going to be stopped before I started, either by tennis elbow from the deathgrip of palm carving, or the bad back from being too tall for the B&D portable bench, I needed something to suit me.

It's made from found pallet wood (1 left intact as the basis of the whole thing), with some old bamboo flooring for the top. With it being thrown together, I have no worries about spoiling it, or adapting it for that matter (already want a shelf under it).

workbench

paul wagstaffe05/03/2012 15:10:09
107 forum posts
11 photos

Just the job that bench, you will properly use it for years to come. Well done and a great use of recyclable materials.

Paul

Derek Lane05/03/2012 20:55:39
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

As long as it serves your purpose it does not matter what wood it is made from. I for one love to use recycled wood. Is it heavy enough for the work to be done on,

If you put shelves underneath it remember to make sure you leave enough room for your legs if you intend to sit and do work

Toppa Martedi06/03/2012 19:03:33
17 forum posts
5 photos

Cheers guys.

Good point on the shelf Derek, I may well have just made it right across the whole area, but will now see what'll work best with more thought applied.

I now have a small bandsaw attached to the bench, and there's a bench hook in the process of being made. Some day I'll get back to carving rather than making things to be able to make things...

Derek Lane06/03/2012 21:42:56
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Look forward to some of your work that you make on it. I am sure you will be making more things like the table to make life easier.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact