By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

kity best-combi 2000

rebuild

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
colin allen24/02/2012 08:18:39
6 forum posts

has anybody stripped down and rebuilt the bestcombi planer/thicknesser.

what problems did you encounter, if any.

colin

Derek Lane24/02/2012 17:40:58
3218 forum posts
1004 photos

Hi Colin welcome to the forum.

I have not striped this machine but have striped plenty of other machines. First of all take it easy don't force anything. Don't use metal hammers on metal parts except the copper hammers as they will not damage parts. Always double check for locking screws as some items have more than one (quite often at 90 deg to each other ).

It is worth taking pictures as you go so as to see what goes where when reassembling

colin allen25/02/2012 13:09:49
6 forum posts

hi derek

i have no actual trouble with stripping and doing a rebuild. my problem is to do with the bearings on the planer/thicknesser.

a little while ago the m/c started to spew bits of bearings at me from the thicknesser when stripped down i couldn't see just where the bearings registered in the in /out feed roller housings .i have a drawing but it doesn't help me much.

i am struggling as i have had no reply to the kity/scheppach people e.mails i've sent them and i do not trust the firm who sold me the m/c in the first placeas i believe they could be the cause of my troubles

the bearings on the kity p/t have a shoulder and they do not work properly if they are set into the tables and frame.

i would welcome any advice given

regards

colin

colin allen14/03/2012 08:28:15
6 forum posts

hi derek lane

just to let you know i have managed to rebuild my kity p/t best combi . after all my kerfuffle it was easier than i thought.

as a thought to all kity owners . if your m/c is getting on check the p/t roller bearings also the idler cog on the roller drive chain. the spring tensioner gets tired the chain jumps the roller cogs and the material doesn't go through the m/c evenly. if your m/c is ten years old + i would check sooner rather than later

toodleoo

Luke Wiles23/09/2013 11:33:17
2 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Colin

I've discovered a bit of a problem with my recently purchased Kity K5 p/t - seems there's far too much play in the bearings of the large pulley wheel causing it to rub, or else spit the drive belt off.

Please, when you did your rebuild did you have to deal with anything similar?

I can post photos if unclear.

Many thanks, Luke

sammy chana23/10/2013 02:14:20
1 forum posts

Hi Derek and Collin

I need a selector switch for the Kity combi 2000, any ideas whereI may obtain one.

Thanks

Sammy

Derek Lane24/10/2013 17:44:19
3218 forum posts
1004 photos

Welcome Sammy. Unfortunately I do not know but maybe some one else will see this and point you in the right direction.

I just found this http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nmatools.co.uk%2Fbrand.asp%3FBrand%3D6&ei=tk5pUpWJEMSe0wWY6oG4Ag&usg=AFQjCNFU37WImr4McUTxRLkhfTRukCFARw&bvm=bv.55123115,d.d2k&cad=rja

Edited By Derek Lane on 24/10/2013 17:47:18

dominic boyle27/09/2015 12:10:00
1 forum posts

Hi lads.

I have a question regarding the bearing of the feeder for the thickness/planer of this machine.

I am currently trying to fix my fathers and it has materialized that the bearing or bushing has completely smashed.

I don`t wish to completely strip it yet as he still wants to use the bench saw until we source the part;

So my question is, does anyone know what model/type of bearing/bushing it is.

If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dom

Derek Lane27/09/2015 18:11:35
3218 forum posts
1004 photos
Posted by dominic boyle on 27/09/2015 12:10:00:

Hi lads.

I have a question regarding the bearing of the feeder for the thickness/planer of this machine.

I am currently trying to fix my fathers and it has materialized that the bearing or bushing has completely smashed.

I don`t wish to completely strip it yet as he still wants to use the bench saw until we source the part;

So my question is, does anyone know what model/type of bearing/bushing it is.

If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dom

If no one can answer that question about the size then the only choice is to strip the machine and take the bearings out. If they are bearings there will be a number on them all you need is to find a bearing supplier near you as most hold a good range of stock. This would mean that the machine should not be out of action for too long.

Just search yell.com for bearing suppliers

John F01/08/2016 10:53:28
48 forum posts
14 photos

On a wing and prayer here but wonder if anyone has a tilting guide for the Bestcombi planer and if they have would that take some photo's for me?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help, these are no longer available and I can probably figure out a design it would be good to make a true copy.

Thanks John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact