By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

missing free gift

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John O`Malley21/02/2012 22:36:08
15 forum posts

Hi, recently renewed my subscription to Good Woodworking by phone and was told there were no free gifts. Surprised to see you are giving away Bosch bits.

What happened to me?

Though you don't have to bribe me. I love your mags, just read the last one for the tenth time.

John

Newbie_Neil22/02/2012 09:16:38
43 forum posts
Posted by John O`Malley on 21/02/2012 22:36:08:

Though you don't have to bribe me. I love your mags, just read the last one for the tenth time.

IIRC, the free gifts only apply to new subscribers.

Thanks,

Neil

Paul Bodiam22/02/2012 12:43:36
108 forum posts
68 photos

John - check the price you paid for renewing your subscription. You'll often find that new subscribers are given a "free" gift as an incentive to take out a subscription, but they also pay a little more than existing subscribers simply renewing their subscription.

This was explained to me a few years ago when I queried why new subscribers to WoodWorker magazine were getting a set of spade bits, but renewing subscribers were not.

Roger Provins22/02/2012 15:05:01
23 forum posts

For many years I used to subscribe to Amateur Photographer and it was routine to cancel the sub at the end of the year and then re-subscribe - thus getting a better price and the freebie. In fact the subscription department first suggested doing it when I queried the situation that new subscribers were getting better terms than existing renewers.

Roger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact