By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Dado blades

use n uk table saws

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
gerald meager16/02/2012 22:36:47
85 forum posts
2 photos

I have a record 10'' table saw and was wondering if I could use an American style dado saw blade on it if I replaced the thin alloy cetre plate. Any help much appreciated as always

Mailee16/02/2012 23:26:22
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

You can fit dado blades on a table saw providing the arbour is long enough. It is not allowed if you are a professional business according to HSE though. You will also find that most of the dado sets are 6 or 8" diam. I have a set fitted to a RAS of 8" diam but my table saw won't take them as the arbour is too short. They are not recommended on a braked motor either. HTH.

Newbie_Neil17/02/2012 10:53:14
43 forum posts

Hi Gerald,

I would ask why you would bother with a dado set in a tablesaw when it is so much quicker to set up and you will get a better finish with a router.

Thanks,

Neil

Newbie_Neil17/02/2012 10:54:36
43 forum posts

I forgot to mention you should search for "exact width dado jig".

Thanks,

Neil

Roger Provins22/02/2012 15:14:52
23 forum posts
Posted by Mailee on 16/02/2012 23:26:22:

You can fit dado blades on a table saw providing the arbour is long enough. It is not allowed if you are a professional business according to HSE though. You will also find that most of the dado sets are 6 or 8" diam. I have a set fitted to a RAS of 8" diam but my table saw won't take them as the arbour is too short. They are not recommended on a braked motor either. HTH.

There is a good summation of the current H&S situtation on dado blades at

http://www.greatbritishwoodshop.co.uk/Tools/HealthandSafety/tabid/418/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Roger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact