By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Red pearl pens

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Simon Reeves05/02/2012 16:23:51
622 forum posts
227 photos
Just a couple of shots of the latest pen and pencil set, made for a colleague to give to his other half for Valentine's Day. Not sure exactly how romantic a pen & pencil are, but the red metallic pearlescent acrylic looks quite good, especially in sunlight, where it sparkles nicely.

The usual finish - 12,000 grit Micromesh plus a coat of Renaissance wax.

Simon
dennis wake05/02/2012 17:08:07
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Simon
a verry nice set you have made.
dennis
daveO05/02/2012 17:48:49
250 forum posts
32 photos
simon
a very nice pair as they say, they will do nicely, bur what is this sunlight you speak of are we in different counties
dave
Simon Reeves05/02/2012 22:15:57
622 forum posts
227 photos
Thanks guys.

Perhaps I should have said "daylight" rather than sunlight, although it was pretty sunny here this morning for a while. Freezing cold, but no snow - yet! We usually seem to miss the worst of it.

Simon
Mark Sutton06/02/2012 18:30:03
193 forum posts
59 photos
Hi Simon

A very nice set there, well done, i am sure they will be appreciated

Mark
Alan T.12/02/2012 09:28:22
1033 forum posts
98 photos
Nicely done Simon, well done. Where is this place with no snow? Still not snow free here (Leicester) though roads ok. What is renaissance wax Please. Regards Alan T.
Derek Lane12/02/2012 20:28:01
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Nice pair of pens Simon. The only problem with the pen with the cap that I find is that there is not an extra band on the open end of the cap which could lead to it getting damaged (A design fault not yours)

Alan Renaissance wax is a wax as described which acts as a protective layer over the pen it helps stop fingerprints I use it all of the time on my pens
Simon Reeves13/02/2012 12:48:04
622 forum posts
227 photos
Thanks chaps.

Agree about the lack of a band on the open end of the cap Derek, although I have not heard of any mishaps yet. Coincidentally, a customer for whom I had made a black acrylic version managed to drop the whole pen onto a hard floor last week, which broke a sizable lump off the pocket clip end, even though I had used Araldite to stick the tube in. It was beyond repair, so I had to make a new cap.

Strangely I've tried on more than one occasion to get folk to buy other styles of pen, but most seem to prefer the "Artisan" ones that you see in the photos.

Price wise (comments in another thread), I charge anything from about £12 up to the mid £30's depending on the pen.

Simon

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Robert Sorby
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact