By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Bandsaw DN 339

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
otto brummerhoff27/01/2012 09:57:54
2 forum posts
I was wondering if someone on here might have a manual for Black and Decker DN 339 Bandsaw

Many thanks

Bruce Rauncar20/06/2012 17:50:44
173 forum posts

I know for sure that www.bandsawmanuals.com has Black and Decker band saw manuals. Just check if they have your machine model.

Si Mills17/07/2012 11:50:12
8 forum posts
20 photos

I have one I can copy and send to you if you still need it

Chris Smith 1402/03/2013 13:37:10
5 forum posts

Hi Bruce

I would like a copy of that manual if you would be so kind. I can't seem to work out how the blade sits straight! I have put it in, and all the wheels run in line to keep the blade on, but can't work out why the blade doesn't cut straight. All the guides are in line, but the 2 roller wheels seem to put the blade at an angle, and I can't work out what I'm doing wrong? A diagram of how it should be set up would help me no end.

Chris Smith

Big Al02/03/2013 14:49:12
1586 forum posts
69 photos

Hi Chris, it may be something simple such as the blade is blunt, or the tension of the blade isn't correct.

Al

Chris Smith 1402/03/2013 19:10:19
5 forum posts

Hi Al

The blade is new, I have fitted it so it runs on all 3 drive wheels, and the tenstion is correct, it's just the blade when put on the 2 guide wheels, bends the blade at an angle. I can't seem to work out if there is an adjustment to this.

Thank you for comments though.

Chris

Chris Smith 1403/03/2013 18:14:21
5 forum posts

Has any got a diagram of how the blade should run through the guides on a Black & Decker band saw DN339?

Chris Smith

Si Mills03/03/2013 19:21:36
8 forum posts
20 photos

Hi Chris, just to mention that, further to my post in July, I don't have the manual any more as I freecycled it along with the saw some weeks ago. All I can say from memory is that the rear thrust rollers should be set so that they are nearly touching the back of the blade, and so that the blade runs to one side of the centreline. In this way they can turn when the blade makes contact. The lateral guides (the plastic blocks) should be set a fag paper away from the blade on each side and also behind the teeth gullets so that they don't knock the set off the blade should they touch it which would certainly cause it to wander. I have to say though that most bandsaw cutting problems can usually be traced back to a blunt/rubbish blade. Try TruCut or Tuffsaws, they make them to any length.

Good luck

Si MIlls

Chris Smith 1404/03/2013 18:54:43
5 forum posts

Si

Thank you for your advice, I will give that a try.

Many thanks again,

Chris Smith

otto brummerhoff04/03/2013 20:58:52
2 forum posts

hi Chris

I just found a manual that was sent to me by Black and Decker support of some kind , a while ago

Ill be happy to forward it on to you. Private message me you details and ill email it right over.

Thanks

otto

Chris Smith 1406/03/2013 21:07:17
5 forum posts

I am pleased to anounce that the problem has been cured. Si, you were right, I didn't have the thrust rollers in the right postion. Thank you so much for your help. Also thank you to Al & Otto for your input.

Many thanks again all,

Chris Smith

ian anderson 307/07/2018 17:29:44
1 forum posts

Hi all

My attempts to find a manual for a B & D DN 339 band saw have brought me here. I have just acquired one and would very much like to here from anybody who can either help with a pdf. or paper copy.

Regards

Ian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Chris Tribe Furniture
Transwave 2017
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact