By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Circular tiles

Where do I get them from?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Davis21/01/2012 17:24:18
1607 forum posts
201 photos
One of my members made an unusual clock. It had a circular tile in the centre with a picture of pheasants, if you try this link you will see the clock.
Look in Gallery, Members work.

I have spoken to Terry and he says that he cannot get the tiles again ashis suoolier is no longer in business.

So where can I get one, I have tried Google, Craft Supplies and several different site without luck

Thanks

Ron
Jim A21/01/2012 18:44:26
123 forum posts
59 photos
Hi Ron

I don't know if this is what your looking for but you could give this link a try

http://www.ullapoolwoodturningcentre.co.uk/index_files/Page9033.htm

Jim
dennis wake21/01/2012 19:53:52
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Ron
i have been able to find a site that sells ceramic tiles and also slate clock faces. i dont know weather this is of any good but you may be able to drill the center hole and make the clock from them.
dennis
 PS sorry Jim just posted the same site that you have mentioned.

Edited By dennis wake on 21/01/2012 19:55:16

George Arnold22/01/2012 11:38:37
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Ron
Have you tried Craft Supplies www.craftsupplies.co.uk. they do a range of ceramic clock tiles, and all you need for clocks
George.

P?S have you got time on your hands?
George
Ron Davis22/01/2012 15:12:56
1607 forum posts
201 photos
Thanks every one, Dennis's link is for the Ullapool site and they have exactly what I want. An order is on its way!

George, I am a bit skint at the moment, do you think they will let me have it on tick?

Ron
George Arnold23/01/2012 19:31:49
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Ron
I am sure you can be trusted with credit, and know when the "TIME" comes you will "HAND" over the correct " NUMERALS"" you will "FACE" up to your commitment and not try to "M" BEZEL" any money from the supplier, this way you will "CLOCK" up a good credit rating for future. any body else wants to "CHIME" in be my guest.

Must rush "TEMPUS FUGIT" George
Ron Davis24/01/2012 19:55:01
1607 forum posts
201 photos
George, and I thought you had gone off puns, seems the pendulum is swinging the other way!

I have yet to order the tiles as my son-in-law has informed me that he wants to make the clock himself with my lathe and supervision, and he wants to choose the tile as well. I will let you know how he gets on.

All in good time of course

Ron

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact