By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

SIP Disc/Belt Sander 01926

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ray Saunders04/01/2012 09:08:08
2 forum posts
I'm looking to buy a disc/belt sander and started looking at the Record and Scheppach offerings but I want the largest disc with the added belt option. (budget restraints means around £150 price range). I have a SIP mitre saw and very pleased with it so now I'm looking at the SIP 8x4 disc/belt sander. Any opinions? I do know that The Woodworker did a test in April 2011 but my subscription is for Good Woodworking digital so haven't seen it.
Ray
Oddjob04/01/2012 20:00:52
1635 forum posts
79 photos
The April review was very good in virtually all respects. Try this
it may get you in by the back door.  The link works for me but I am a subscriber.
Richard

PS I note this is your first post here.  Why not complete your profile and join us regularly?

Edited By Oddjob on 04/01/2012 20:02:49

Edited By Oddjob on 04/01/2012 20:05:23

Roger Provins04/01/2012 21:06:42
23 forum posts
I have the Draper version which looks identical. All these machines are from the far east with a paint job and a badge to order. I've had it for at least 10 years and it's given no problems. I broke the dust deflector plate (mine own fault) but was pleasantly surprised to find all the spares were available an quite cheap and very quickly posted.

Roger
Ray Saunders05/01/2012 18:02:22
2 forum posts
Thanks Oddjob. The link didn't work but I'm encouraged by your comment that the review was generally favourable. My local Toolstation store will have it in stock from the 6th Jan at just under £125 so I'll order one.

Ray
Rainer Fyfe21/03/2012 12:13:55
1 forum posts

Dear forum members,

This is my first post so apologies if I am breaking any protocall.

I have a SIP belt sander with 6"wide belt, fitted with a 10" disc, which has given good service for some years.
  • Item 01331
  • Serial No. 6104071040
However, it has recently become impossible to keep the rotating belt on centre, and no matter what fine adjustment I make, it wants to veer to one side or the other. It has already rubbed through the metal end stop twice, requiring me to braze it together again. I can get a momentary centering if the adjustment knob is quite slack, but it does not seem to be doing anything in this position, and the belt soon drifts.
Any ideas?
R K Fyfe
Nancy Brown 101/02/2018 10:51:52
14 forum posts

POWERTEC BD4800 Woodworking Belt Disc Sander.

This is reasonably well made but has two flaws only one of which is easily fixed first the rest on the disk sander is rather unsteady. If you add an additional bolt to the mounting plate it's much better. The other issue is the speed. It runs very fast and can burn the wood if you get too aggressive. The speed is required to get enough suction on the dust collector. All in all, after fixing the rest mount this is a good product for the money.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact