By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

My new shop

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mailee22/12/2011 23:24:55
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
I got the keys to the new workshop and over the past couple of days I have been sorting it out. I put a wicker door in the main doors as the lock was a pain to open. This is a shot towards the main doors.

This is a shot from the doors looking toward the spray area.

I have been ripping out some Heath Robinson benches and shelves ready to install my own. You might notice my new 'toy' standing in the centre of the shop in this shot. Gloat! LOL.
This next one is a shot of the spray room from one end.

and this is a shot of the other end.

These are the benches I am ripping out to replace with my own.

Over the Christmas break I am going to paint the walls and clean the lights with the help of my son and a couple of friends. I am also updating the electrics with the help of my electrician friend. I shall also do a bit of insulation when time and funds allow to help keep the heat in with it being such a big shop. Best of all is I only have to move my workshop about ten feet from the old one.
Ron Davis23/12/2011 14:45:24
1607 forum posts
201 photos
Great stuff Mailee, the speed you workyou will have it up and running by the New Year!

Good luck with it and heres to a full order book

Ron
Simon Reeves23/12/2011 15:37:19
622 forum posts
227 photos
Looks like it's going to be a fantastic space Mailee - just a like of paint to make it home sweet workshop! With all the space to make lots more stuff you'll have to take on an apprentice or two just to keep up with demand.

Best of luck with it all and have a very happy Christmas (or have they all come at once??)

Simon
daveO23/12/2011 16:20:34
250 forum posts
32 photos
nice one maille
you will soon sort it out with your elf helpers,
just a thought we seem to be short of a venue for next years show- how about it
regards dave
Julian23/12/2011 19:38:38
547 forum posts
28 photos
Hi Mailee -- Certainly looks big enough for the job, hope everything goes well over the Christmas Break. Happy Christmas -- Julian
Mailee23/12/2011 22:10:13
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Thanks guys. I had my lad in there with me today painting the walls. I will be having the next couple of days off and start the move after that. Will keep you posted of course.
jack curley24/12/2011 11:21:51
1 forum posts
that shall look great when its done mate :D
Derek Lane24/12/2011 18:16:32
3204 forum posts
990 photos
Merry Christmas Mailee and hope your newer workshop works out well in the new year
Mailee29/12/2011 21:38:08
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Just an update. Over the last few days we have been installing new electrics in the shop. Landlord is going to reimburse for this. :D I have no idea how the previous owner hadn't killed himself with them, but that's another story. Anyway after sorting out some problems with a couple of the breakers for the big machines it is now up and running. I am now in the process of sorting out positioning of the various equipment I have into some kind of order. Looks like I will need a couple of trips to the local tip for all the rubbish I have accumulated too. :roll:
Mailee30/12/2011 20:18:27
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Well I am halfway there now. I got all the RAS mounted on the bench.

Along with the large machines in place and some racking up for my odds and ends.

I have now got somewhere to hang my clamps too

I have done a little bit of work in the spray shop but it needs a lot more work yet.

I cut down one of the benches that was left and put it on castors so it will double as an infeed table for the table saw. I am still unsure where to put an office but am working on that one. :D
George Arnold01/01/2012 12:09:05
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Mailee
Good luck in your new workshop for the new year, it looks like you are well on the way with the relocation.

George
Mailee04/01/2012 19:43:48
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Thanks George. I am getting there. Today I built the office, Well I need somewhere to keep my tea and coffee gear clean. :lol: I will fit the door tomorrow and my lad is going to paint it for me. :D

Oddjob04/01/2012 19:50:46
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Posted by Mailee on 04/01/2012 19:43:48:
Well I need somewhere to keep my tea and coffee gear clean.

Alan, I think that workshop brew-up tackle is supposed to be permanently deep tanin colour! I've never seen any clean anyway!

Richard

Mailee05/01/2012 22:42:38
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Yes Richard, I too have seen cups in this state....yeuk! I breath enough sawdust i certainly don't want to drink it too. LOL. Anyway my lad got the office painted today and I got the door on and the electrics into it. I also made a small corner desk knocked up out of scrap. Will fit a light in there tomorrow and it is finished.
Paul Bodiam06/01/2012 13:06:54
100 forum posts
45 photos
Mailee

I've been lurking on this forum for some time, and I have to say your work-rate astonishes me. Not just the speed with which you are getting this workshop set-up but your previous projects as well.

Where do you find the energy from? It certainly puts me to shame!

Keep up the great work.

cheers
Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact