By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Bandsaw

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Jones 412/12/2011 14:57:22
45 forum posts
1 photos

I'm going to purchase a bandsaw. The one I'm thinking of buying is the new Sip model

http://www.kendaltools.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_SIP01545

which has a 150mm cut height, not bad I guess for £200.

Does anyone know if machinery suppliers generally have New Years sales after Xmas like your normal shops do?

I'd like the bandsaw now, but if I can save some money by waiting then I'll wait

Paul

Chris Harvey12/12/2011 16:18:19
3 forum posts
Hello Paul,
SIP are OK as ylong as you don't need any service. I bought their Combi machine, and phoned them to ask where you got a certain accessory.
the "service" guy didn't even have it in his catalogue, and pointed me to a web page that was so wrong; The combi of course comes from the land of the Great Wall.
Big Al12/12/2011 18:35:39
1602 forum posts
73 photos
I bought a SIP 14" bandsaw about 6 years ago and it suits my needs well. It's a bit rough round the edges, but as I only use it occasionally I am not that worried about the roughness.

Al
steve h13/12/2011 23:25:44
403 forum posts
128 photos
Hi Paul - half my workshop tools are SIP - some of it is quite good and others are not so! - I have the same machine as Al and agree with him entirely - and also agree with Chris, I have had to make a few calls and found them not all that helpful.

Would i buy another if I had the same budget as you now - YES!

Steve
Paul Jones 414/12/2011 21:25:29
45 forum posts
1 photos

Hi everyone

The Sip bandsaw had a good review in July's The Woodworker.

For around £200 I guess all the bandsaws on the market will be about the same quality, but the Sip model has the larger cut height and a 2 year warranty.

Decided to wait till after Christmas now, so hopefully might get a few pounds knocked off.

Paul

Eric Harvey 115/12/2011 14:49:50
221 forum posts
81 photos
I bought a second hand bandsaw,I had to clean it up and put a couple of new thrust bearings in,its a NU-Tool CB355,14" throat and 6" depth of cut,cost me £30.00.have had it for 5/6yrs now and just replaced the rubber tyres on the wheels,I would look around and see what`s out there,you might get a better quality bandsaw second hand for the same money,regards,

Eric.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact