By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Gripping Matt

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
paul wagstaffe10/12/2011 09:30:11
107 forum posts
11 photos
Well that's what i think its called. I am looking for some of the Matt that is used to put down on the bench to stop the wood moving about when routing, don't no what its call or where to get hold of it. can you help?
Paul in the Isle of Man
Big Al10/12/2011 10:04:38
1604 forum posts
73 photos
Non slip matts are available all over the place, for value for money look in a cheap shop, or one of the various pound shops, they usually sell them.
Julian10/12/2011 12:57:55
556 forum posts
28 photos
Hi Paul, Yes, Pound Shops are a good place to start, I used to get mine from the local camping shop but both of these are now gone. Julian
Doug10/12/2011 18:23:32
3415 forum posts
35 photos
Hi Paul.
I`ve started using bench cookies like >these<< as I found the non slip router matting can sometimes mark some timber, which then shows up in the finish.

Edited By Doug on 10/12/2011 18:26:13

paul wagstaffe11/12/2011 12:39:56
107 forum posts
11 photos
Thank you for your kind replies I think I have found what I am after on eblag!
Paul in a very windy Isle of Man

steve h13/12/2011 23:32:31
403 forum posts
128 photos
Funnily enough - I got mine from Tesco as an 'anti slip boot mat' - it was a couple of pounds and thought it was a real bargain at the time.
Sorry to here about the misfortune on that little isle of yours - the weather is not improving and although that I am relatively close - I am still on the mainland!
Its a few years since I was across on business and still have a client there - travelled by air on what can only be described as a 'transit van with wings'!
paul wagstaffe16/12/2011 09:20:28
107 forum posts
11 photos
Hi Steve,
"Transit Van with wing" is a fair description of the air craft over here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact