By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

News Section

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Oddjob29/11/2011 19:02:37
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Danny Mod says
"There's now some more information about the show cancellation in the news section of the home page."

Can someone point me to the "news section" please.

Richard
Derek Lane29/11/2011 19:22:41
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Hi Richard it is on the home page scroll down and look at the "Latest Articles"
Look HERE
George Arnold29/11/2011 19:40:32
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Thank's Derek it seems we where looking in the wrong place, but it seems the rumours where correct , no Aly Pally for 2012, I think thats the end of road for the show,

George
Derek Lane29/11/2011 19:44:13
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Well at least there is THIS show which is not too far away(at least for me)
George Arnold29/11/2011 19:55:15
1834 forum posts
191 photos
I looked at the site for the Kent show, I see they charge £68 per square metre for the stands I don;t know how that comperes with London charges? and what restriction apply when setting up your own stand, i/e some of these places won't let you lift a finger you have to pay their staff.
I did not see the entry charges for visitors.

George
Derek Lane29/11/2011 20:26:01
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Entry for Visitors is £6 if paid in advance

This is information I got from them

"Exhibitors will include, Robert Sorby, Record Power, Trend.
Demonstrators will include, Mark Barker and Any King.

More information will be on our website www.nelton.co.uk in the New Year and you can purchase advance tickets from the 4th January."
dennis wake29/11/2011 23:27:35
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi All
thats all well and good but were is the compertition that i enjoyed entering.
dennis
Julian30/11/2011 09:54:00
556 forum posts
28 photos
This does look like a good show but a little to far for me, I will wait until the Yandles show in the spring. Pitty
Oddjob30/11/2011 11:37:32
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Derek - I didn't spot that headline on the home page. It doesn't help of course that there isn't a "News Section" on the home page. The link to the article is in the column for new magazine articles.

However, even though I don't go to the show, I am sad to see it go. I loved to read the banter from those of you that do attend and it was good to see the competition entries.

It seems rather perverse to me that it has been cancelled due to the current economic climate. When I studied business management learned early on that promotion during the bad times is what gets you through to the good times. I suspect the show failed due to the high cost of exhibiting in the capital. It might well work at a midlands exhibition centre.

Richard
Ron Davis30/11/2011 20:10:33
1619 forum posts
201 photos
Richard, or better still one in East Anglia, where shows are as rare as a kind hearted Chancellor!

Ron
Ralph Harvey30/11/2011 22:51:48
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
I am with Dennis on this one.

Wheres the competition ? not important to most but as i am only turning 2 - 3 pieces a year at the moment it would be nice if there was somewhere to enter them

I have said it before and i am sure i will say it again, without competitions how do we raise the profile of worthy turners, ? who will become the next generation demonstrators,? thats how it worked for me. sadly the health didnt hold out but never the less we need more to come through.

Ralph
Danny01/12/2011 10:27:23
31 forum posts
11 articles
Hi Oddjob. Sorry my fault! The show cancellation peice has a news category applied to it but of course all new articles filter through to the 'latest articles' section on the home page. So I should have directed you to the 'latest articles' section and not the non-esixtent 'news' section!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact