Nearly Done

Wrokshop Completion

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
steve h26/11/2011 23:42:05
403 forum posts
128 photos

Hello everyone,

Nearly done - had my sparkie out on Wednesday to complete the two new ring mains I have put in my workshop - one for the sockets and one for the lights - only to be told that the consumer unit in he garage does not meet current regs and will have to come back next week to replace and make the final connections and test the system - another week lost!!

As in the recycling business I was very lucky to get a few complete fire doors delivered as make shift pallets and one of them was a perfect fit for the original and very rotten original side door - that went in this morning and has made a huge difference with a couple of draft excluder's.

I have made a few things in-between to be honest - like a wood store for the new multi-fuel stove we are having fitted in the house and the new corner storage cupboard for my new workshop - but it is very slow going when you have only one socket and one light fitting - and more cables and extensions that you know what to do with - and fall over!!

I will post some pictures next week and it sounds like the wood wizard Mailee is about to double his workshop - sounds like fun!!

I must make a final visit to my turning club this year as due to moving - sorting out my garage/new workshop and my wife traveling down to Wales most weekends due to the failing health of her parents has made it very difficult to see the 'very nice old boys' at the turning club.

Hopefully I will get chance to really get back on track by the New Year and start doing the things I enjoy - although the wife has not noticed any difference as from 8 till 12 most nights i have disappeared to the bottom of the garden!!

There is a lot to do!!

Edited By steve h on 26/11/2011 23:43:37

Edited By steve h on 26/11/2011 23:45:26

Derek Lane27/11/2011 15:53:10
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
I bet you can't wait at least next week you won't have to run extension leads out to the workshop

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact