By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Why I have been so quiet

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mailee11/11/2011 18:29:33
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
I know I have been quiet recently and here is the reason:

I have been working on the second part of the Shabby chic wardrobes. I thought I would get the doors and drawer fronts out of the way first as they are a pain. I now have these in primer and ready for the top coats so I can now start on the carcasses for them.
Oddjob11/11/2011 18:38:05
1635 forum posts
79 photos
I was wondering only this morning where you had gone. I was going to give you until tomorrow morning and then put in a missing persons report!
Great looking work as always - also looks like a tidy shop. Keep it coming please.

Richard

Mailee11/11/2011 19:37:13
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Ha ha Richard, I had just swept the area around the doors for the shot.....you should see the rest of it! I had been building some racking for tyres for my next door neighbour and the rest of the floor was covered in sawdust! I do clean it all up at least once a week though and make sure it is clean for spraying. Thanks for the comments though.
steve h14/11/2011 13:12:06
403 forum posts
128 photos

Hi Mailee,

How did you make all those scrolls at the top?

Thanks

Steve.

Mailee14/11/2011 19:34:33
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Well Steve I made them out of 6mm MDF cutting them out on the bandsaw. Then they were sanded to round over the edges and glued on to the doors. there was some very fiddly pieces I can tell you.
Mailee16/11/2011 20:22:00
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
I got all the carcasses assembled at last and primed the front edges. Next job is to get them all primed. I think I need a bigger workshop though! :shock:

I still have to make the mouldings yet too.
Mailee18/11/2011 20:35:47
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
I have been putting some hours in this week and it seems to be paying off. I have most of the units in primer now and have given the mouldings a coat of brown.

I assmbled the corner top boxes today too. I did paint the insides before I assembled them this is just a dry fit.

Then added the small door which will house a security box in the bottom of one of the robes.

Almost ready for painting now.

Mailee23/11/2011 20:35:53
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
After a small job this morning I got back onto the wardrobes and have got them sprayed now. I also made a start on the drawer boxes. I made six large ones and one small one which will become the make up drawer below the dressing table.

This was challenging to put some dovetails in with being so slim. Thank god for the dovetail jig.

I ended the night by setting out the runner positions for the drawers.

BillW23/11/2011 20:38:17
711 forum posts
21 photos
you never fail to amaze me, will you be taking Christmas day off .

Bill.
Mailee23/11/2011 21:30:21
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Ha, ha. Yes I think I shall have a break then Bill. I have another two jobs I have to complete before Christmas and another handfull for the new year so I think I can relax a little.
Mailee25/11/2011 20:20:33
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
I am glad to say I am almost there with this build now.

I am working on the cornice and scribing pieces now and then it will be ready to fit. :D
Mailee29/11/2011 19:59:54
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
I have finally got the suite finished and will be fitting it on Friday. I finished scuffing u the cabinets today and added a posh little touch to the dressing table drawer.

Mailee03/12/2011 19:55:55
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Well I got the bedroom suite fitted at last. It did take me two days though! :roll: I would have had it fitted in one day but I made a mistake! I had scribed the right hand side in fine and then cut the left hand side too narrow, doh! ops: I had to make up another scribing piece back at the shop and fit it this afternoon. Here are some pics of it in place.

This was the side I messed up, turned out well in the end.

You may have noticed a missing handle too, I think I left it back at the shop. It has been one of those jobs where everything seemed to go wrong or was a tap difficult. Anyway I was happy with it in the end and just hope the customer is when she returns.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact