By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Frustration!

Disappointing supplier performance

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Oddjob09/11/2011 16:49:41
1635 forum posts
79 photos
On Monday 7th early afternoon I ordered some pen kits and acrylic blanks from the well known carpet company. Orders over £50 (which it was) in before 4:00pm (which it was) qualify for free next day delivery. Order despatch notification received 8th - delivery still patiently awaited - maybe it will arrive tomorrow? Or perhaps not as the small print for "next day delivery" does say "allow up to five days for delivery!"

Furthermore, pen blanks out of stock! Phoned to ask when I might expect them, "Week commencing 21st" says the nice lady. (not much good for the birthday present for next week) "Why despatch pen kits without the blanks when it is pretty obvious that they are intended to go together says I?" "I don't understand these things" says nice lady. " Neither do I," says I, but "thank you for your help, bye bye."

Richard
BillW10/11/2011 09:13:32
711 forum posts
21 photos
Hello Richard,
I feel for you, it makes you want to drive there and drag someone over the counter.

I think we aught to do more of this, report The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Name names, I would have no problem saying it was Axminster that is not performing.

Regards,
Bill.
steve h10/11/2011 11:29:30
403 forum posts
128 photos

Hi Richard,

I have found the well known carpet company (ha ha!) always very good - but none of us get it right all of the time.

I think your right Bill - but one case does not make them poor - if there are a string of complaints - well thats another issue - I rather liked Richard's clever reference of the name!

Steve

Julian10/11/2011 13:29:35
556 forum posts
28 photos
Hi Richard this can be quite maddening when it happens although saying that in there defence I ordered a pile of smaller items back in the summer again to make up the value for free postage and it turned out that some were out of stock. They at least had the courtecy to ring me and let me know that the items were out of stock and delay the delivery by a few days till it was all together. Julian
BillW10/11/2011 19:02:50
711 forum posts
21 photos
Yes of course Steve, one bad apple doesn't make the whole lot bad, we just need to keep them on their toes.

I wonder Richard did you check their web site once you were informed that the items were out of stock, in or out of stock on the web site.

Bill.
Oddjob10/11/2011 19:23:26
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Thanks for the responses gents. The pen kits arrived this afternoon but of course no acrylic blanks.

I should say that all of my previous dealings with said company have been faultless and I will undoubtedly use them again - that doesn't stop me being frustrated by this blip though!

Julian, at least you got a phone call. In my case I had to call them to get an anticipated delivery date.

Bill, the site does now say that they are temporarily out of stock and expected within seven days but I don't recall seeing that when I ordered.

Richard
Eric Harvey 111/11/2011 15:46:39
221 forum posts
81 photos
well at least you got them to ammend the site by the looks of it and others won`t be quite so frustrated,as for myself,I`ve never had a problem with Axmister`s service,always been faultless in the seven yrs I`ve been dealing with them,regards,

Eric.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact