By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Christmas Complaint

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
sad sam14/10/2011 09:30:22
604 forum posts
241 photos
hi paul wagstaffe
that sounds great proper village community spirit where do you live we would all like a bit of that
we go to a christmas market in a yorkshire village which sounds like what you have great
Big Al14/10/2011 14:29:14
1601 forum posts
73 photos
Mind you, I have just been and done my shopping and spotted some cadbury's creme eggs.

Al
paul wagstaffe14/10/2011 16:39:24
107 forum posts
11 photos
Posted by sad sam on 14/10/2011 09:30:22:
hi paul wagstaffe
that sounds great proper village community spirit where do you live we would all like a bit of that
we go to a christmas market in a yorkshire village which sounds like what you have great

Hi Sam, this is my village.

http://www.onchan.org.im/index.php
Toothy14/10/2011 17:16:53
458 forum posts
67 photos
Hi Sam, At present we have Hot X buns AND Christmas mince pies available. No seperation of Easter and Christmas !!!

Hi Paul, If we tried parading on Christmas eve we would likely get mugged and/or our Christmas lights stolen. You know in good democratic (??!!) fashion one may not have more than anyone else

Hi Big Al, Will those eggs last until Christmas
Sam14/10/2011 21:34:03
386 forum posts
110 photos
I do have to say I love Christmas too , I love the look on my daughters face as she opens presents for hours on end ( spoilt ) but as Steve says , it should start in December , it would be like starting easter in january ......You got to love it , if only for the kids and also to receive yet more micro thin socks with your initials sown around the top from your great auntie Mavis who makes sure your wearing them when ever you visit , or that natural wool jumper that always smells of stale milk who your great auntie eve gave you and is about as fashionable as bright red smock in a bull fighting ring !!

All in all , I love it I do ( said in a strong Zumerset accent ) ooh argh .
sad sam15/10/2011 10:00:54
604 forum posts
241 photos
hi paul
i looked it up the isle of man is a place i have not visited but you never know we may get there one day
i remember when i was a child my gran had a manx cat and told us that they all came from the isle of man and that the people used to cut the tails of and add them to thier soup haha it used to scare the life out of me
paul wagstaffe15/10/2011 10:12:48
107 forum posts
11 photos
Its ture Sam about the Manx cats, well the bit about the cats having no tail is, not sure about the soup part. Its a genetic defect and a form of spina bifida that courses the cat to be born with no tail.

Paul
Ron Davis15/10/2011 17:34:25
1619 forum posts
201 photos
I visit the Isle of MAn frequenly as I have friends there, I wont try the soup again though!

The Manx cat is a bit of a myth, the missing tail is due to a genetic factor, and I am sorry to spoil Sams story, but they can appear any where there are cats,there are many in the Island as it is an island and the cats do not have the genetic pool of other cats.

Ron

Delboy17/10/2011 19:55:57
36 forum posts
Anyone fancy a turkey sandwich? I've got loads left over!!!!!
George Arnold18/10/2011 12:05:18
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Sunday we looked round a local garden centre , it was jam packed with christmas goodies, and, and they are like the Light Brigade ( know how to charge) We went on to a Homebase store not a cristmas article in sight, but that would not last they had cleared a large area ready to put out their display, as for HotX Buns they are available all the year round,
I will be puting uo our lights this year, if i don't fall foul of the Green Party or the Health and Safety crowd,
As the rhyme goes" Christmas comes but once a year and when it does it cost you dear"
BAR! HUMBUG! George
Ron Davis18/10/2011 20:10:01
1619 forum posts
201 photos
George you surprise me, I would have thought you were out in the shed polishing up the sledge for Christmas eve.

Can anyone tell me why the media say it is a good thing when we go out in December and buy other people crap they dont want - and claim it is good for the economy. Whose economy,? not mine

Ron
Sam18/10/2011 20:56:25
386 forum posts
110 photos
Well I have to say I loved chrimbo as a kid and always liked the waiting for the opening of presents after a massive over kill of turkey . Now I find as an adult it is hard getting in to the theme when it has been rammed down your throat for three months .

But saying that I love all the wrapping of presents knowing that it will last only minutes and the look on my daughters face when she unwraps a present . The writing of the wish list to santa and leaving out the mince pies and glass of "Southern Comfort" for "santa" ..And waking up christmas day a stupid oclock with my daughter snuggled up between us with a giant sock full of little prezzies to keep her busy for the morning .But the part of the day for me is going for a nice stroll around the fields near me with the family and just being together for chrimbo .

As for buying presents , both my family and my partners have got a mutual agreement that we only buy presents for the children , so if you have kids count yourselves out . But we still buy each other a little some thing . I know it sounds tight but its our way of not wasting money .

Kind regards Sam

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact