By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What You doin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek Lane13/08/2011 21:30:54
3204 forum posts
990 photos
Lots of people logging in(including the regulars). So with all these people what are you all making in them workshops at the moment.
Would be nice to know what is being made and even maybe a photo of the work so far.
Drew Marsh13/08/2011 22:12:33
52 forum posts
26 photos
Hi Derek,

Picked up a cheap pen knife whilst on holiday in St Ives, so I have had a go at carving for the first time.

Got a couple of final tweeks to do yet and need to put a finish on it yet, so it's protected, But over all I am generally please with the results.

Any constructive criticism welcome!>>

Edited By Drew Marsh on 13/08/2011 22:14:41

BillW13/08/2011 22:52:40
711 forum posts
21 photos
Hey have you been using me as a model Drew.
Very good.

how about homemade pork pies.

Pork pie dolly.

Bill.

Big Al14/08/2011 11:19:15
1593 forum posts
73 photos
At the moment I am making a bookcase for my daughter, I have named it the patchwork bookcase as its made of different timbers knitted together.

When its finished I will take some photo's and upload them.

Al
John Kinch14/08/2011 17:14:15
206 forum posts
91 photos
Hi, Derek I've had a few days holiday on the south coast and since returning I have stripped and cleaned my 8" bench sander, which seemed to be running a bit slow lately. It was crammed full of fine sawdust. Now it runs like new, with new disc and new belt and tables etc all set up nice and square to disc.

John K.
Simon Reeves14/08/2011 18:10:20
622 forum posts
227 photos
Nothing special from me, but interesting in an odd sort of way; some additional shelves for a friend's display rack. They had to match the existing mounting arrangement, which is one I've not seen before. Shelves have a narrow slot in the ends and the bracket is a piece of 1/8 wire, bent into the right shape.
I had to make the whole lot, including the brackets and a special tall jig to hold the shelf vertical so I could cut the slot on the table saw. All the other cutters I have (router bits) are too large.

Here's one of the shelves. You can see the slot, stopped just short of one end.

And a bracket (needed 8 altogether)

He also wanted a replacement workbench to hold a couple of VERY heavy vices. Again, nothing special, but very satisfying. All the joints are pegged mortice & tenon, but the legs were just too tall to fit under the clamp on my morticer, so I decided to cut the whole lot using a Forstner bit. I used the table saw (whilst the guards were off for the shelves) and the bandsaw to create the tenons. I was very pleased with the end result, as all the joints were a piston fit, and the whole thing turned out exactly square in all directions.

It might not look much, but this weighs over 100lbs when the vices are mounted on it!!!! Definitely a 2 man lift. It will also have to be fixed to the wall or floor once installed.

Simon
paul johnson 214/08/2011 20:58:03
197 forum posts
100 photos
made some tea lights and a small goblet for the wife's friend

Conor ONeill15/08/2011 12:08:40
71 forum posts
126 photos
I'm between projects at the moment.

Next up is a blanket box. Wood is currently acclimatising under the bed! Plans are finished, I'll try and post for feedback/advice. It'll be a slow burner unfortunately, as baby #2 is due in October, so woodwork will be taking a back seat for a while.

Conor.

Edited By Conor ONeill on 15/08/2011 12:09:42

Derek Lane15/08/2011 19:11:34
3204 forum posts
990 photos
Glad to see some of you are beavering away in your workshops. I forgot to say I am working on a stool and also in the progress of making some toys. Once I get some photo's will post them
dennis wake15/08/2011 22:01:49
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Derek
i have been buisy sinse i got back from holiday this is just part of what i have been doing

dennis
Kevin Higgins16/08/2011 17:11:15
54 forum posts
5 photos
Hi , currently re-cycling some old teak lab tops and oak door frames into a bed for my small lady . I'll post some pics later .

Derek Lane16/08/2011 17:39:07
3204 forum posts
990 photos
Looking forward to all the builds also forgot about the rocking horse.

Brian Barber16/08/2011 18:25:20
160 forum posts
244 photos
Hi Derek,

What a good idea to get people to respond with their current projects. Well I have just started to build a new workbench to my own design and to suit myself. Thought about buying one but they are expensive and the designs do not always fit the bill. Will probably post an album as I make some progress.

Brian
Derek Lane16/08/2011 19:18:30
3204 forum posts
990 photos
That's the general idea Brian. It would be nice to see what some of the members are making even if it is a simple project right up to something on the larger size.

Andrew18/08/2011 19:34:22
138 forum posts
124 photos
I have been busy with my career and also a 6 weeks old baby. At the moment don't seem to have time for any fine woodworking. Lots of project in mind though. My next project will be a work bench too, so Brian I will be keenly watching your progress and may be steel some ideas.
Any way I managed to knock a stand for my power tools. (see album).

Andrew.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact