Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john noakes21/07/2011 11:43:30
1 forum posts
hi , where can i buy / download plans to build a double sash windows
Derek Lane21/07/2011 17:02:17
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Welcome to the site.
I have seen these in books describing how they are made but that is about all. If I can remember the title will post it here for you. Will also check my small library to see if it in one of those

Edited By Derek Lane on 21/07/2011 17:02:41

Joe O 322/07/2011 01:14:07
203 forum posts
Hi John,
Welcome to the site. Idon't know about plans or downloads but here goes.If you look at the Mumford & Wood website (i have absolutely no connection to the company)
there is a page called "2004 Conservation Box Sash" which shows 2 cut away sections anatomy of a sash window. Alternatively there is a good blog by Andy Bell (sometime member of this site) entitled "DIY Sliding Sash Window" on http// slidingsash.blogspot.com Sorry i do not have a link to either.
Hope this is of some help.
Joe

Edited By Joe O 3 on 22/07/2011 01:17:31

Oddjob22/07/2011 17:43:38
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Hi John and welcome.

It is very unusual to be fitting sash windows in a new project so I guess you are looking to build replacements? If so, can't you use the old ones as patterns?

Richard
Mike Jordan23/07/2011 00:00:01
166 forum posts
17 photos
Hi John
Are you refering to a double hung sash window or a side by side double width window ?
I can provide plans and construction details for the first and have just made a double side by side. I can refer you to the right text book to find illustrations of the latter. i only refer to the traditional type with weights, I dont bother with the spiral balance type.
Mike
Ashley Short25/10/2011 20:21:04
24 forum posts
Hi MIke
Could you post the details of the sash windows as i am studying joinery at college and one of my projects is to build a sash window, any advice and pictures would be appreciated.
Ashley

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Triton
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact