By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Elektra beckum HC260E, Vintage ?

planer thicknesser

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Williams01/02/2012 17:44:52
2 forum posts
Hi Kevin,

I've had one of these for about 30 yrs, the thicknesser does have problems at one time they sold a stainless steel sheet that could be stuck to the thicknesser bed to ease feeding however it still benefited from waxing the bed. There are four bolts that run up though the corners of the bed tightening these should increase the pinch of the feed rollers, tighten at one end and loosen at the other just adjust each by an equal amount otherwise you plane a taper into the wood. The little paddle in the motor shaft originally had little length wise holes in it, this is designed to break if the machine is overloaded mine went thirty years ago and has been replaced by a bit of polypropylene which works well it been replaced about every five years you don't want anything to strong or something else will go.

Steve

Paul Owen 121/02/2012 15:50:34
2 forum posts

Hi, Kevin

Finaly got some time to work on this machine. I found that the thicknessing table was tilted away slightly from the outfeed roller, probably due to the chain mechanism slipping in the past. To correct this I removed the chain and wound down the corners of the table right flush to the bottom chassis ( you could wind it to the top I suppose). I then put the chain back on believing that this will reset the table true/square to the chassis. This seemed to work ok. I did find also that the cuting block was not paralell and was being compensated by the height of the knives. If you loosen the four hexbolts that hold the bearing block (drive belt end) you'll find enough play to adjust it. With a bit of shiny on the bed it thicknesses ok now. But now I cant get the planing to work properly. I messed up the knives for planing. How does anyone set the knives on these? as when setting the height of the knives with the outfeed the hex screws are covered by the outfeed table? I sppose you could set them to the infeed table with set it setup even with the outfeed??? dont know.

Cheers

Paul

Ashley Short21/02/2012 19:55:06
24 forum posts

I usually wind the infeed table right down and use a straight edge to set the knives level with the outfeed table

HTH

Ashley

victor Felton01/01/2019 11:37:02
1 forum posts

Hi, I realise this is a very old thread but I hope it will lead me to the info I am seeking.

I too have aquired an old Elektra Beckum HC-260 e, and need a new drive belt. This model has the Motor mounted on the side but is missing the small toothed drive belt from the motor. The belt is no longer available as a spare but as I don't have an original belt, I can't look for an alternative.

Can ayone help with an alternate part numbers?

Regards Vic

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact