By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Cutting MFC with festool ts 55

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Big Al08/02/2011 21:20:11
1599 forum posts
73 photos
If your cutting MFC, wether it is MDF or chipboard core you will need a saw with a scribe cutting blade, and if cutting chipboard you will get through blades pretty quick. MDF core is better for saw blades and router cutters.

In all honesty though, if you are serious about cutting kitchen doors, not only will you need a decent panel saw, but also an edge bander to dress your edge's. Iron on edging wont last, and will take more time than what it's worth. If space is an issue, how about a wall saw?

With regards to drilling the hinge holes, most pillar drills above the budget machines will do. Some company's sell dedicated drilling machines/jigs for this purpose. Winzer wurth used to sell a machine, hafele sell a jig for 35mm hinge holes.

Al
Big Al08/02/2011 21:20:12
1599 forum posts
73 photos
Erm, I wouldn't expect to be able to get a clean cut in MFC from a hand held circular saw, but I may be wrong.

Al 

Edited By Big Al on 08/02/2011 21:24:27

Sparky08/02/2011 21:33:20
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Not sure whats going on here Al,

I've passed on the problem to the techy's.

Marc
alex bloor08/02/2011 21:55:06
4 forum posts
I plan to buy a mobile edge bander, you can also mount them in a table. will do abs and pvc. £1600 has anyone used one??

I read some where, maybe this forum that someone was using a TS 55 to cut mfc with good results due to the splinter guard on the guide rail.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact