By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

My first clock

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
paul johnson 224/01/2011 18:08:50
197 forum posts
100 photos
Thank's for all your comments this has given me a big boost, Ron the clock is for my mother inlaws 42nd weeding anniversary, and to Simon the finish is sanded to 400 grit sand and seal and then clear wax was used.
When I put the clock insert in I noticed the minute hand was not working well gutted I emailed Meantime- Design on saturday to inform them and recived a email today from them with a apology and to say they have posted 2 clocks out to me free of charge to compensate now that is first class after sales.
Ron Davis24/01/2011 19:18:07
1619 forum posts
201 photos
Mother - in - Law will be well pleased. After the banter with Bill, I will say that it is a good example of what can be done with a budget lathe.

Ron
George Arnold24/01/2011 20:14:11
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Paul ecellent first clock. my first lathe was home made, on which I did a lot of work , now I have a Nova,of course it dosn't make you a better turner only practice achieves that, but it is a lot nicer to use, a variable speed wouldd be evev better to use, as has been said before, enjoy your turning and practise.

George
PS Weeding aniversary wouldn't a Hoe be more useful. HO_HO!

Edited By George Arnold on 24/01/2011 20:16:05

paul johnson 224/01/2011 20:31:01
197 forum posts
100 photos
Thanks George, well spotted on the spelling will have to have the dictionary with me next time. PS but I did spell anniversary right LOL

Paul.
Derek Lane24/01/2011 21:03:22
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Paul spelling it wrong is forgivable forgetting it is not
BillW24/01/2011 21:56:57
711 forum posts
21 photos
Paul, may I put my name down for next year, it will be my 40th wedding anniversary.

Oh, and I would be @#*@#d without my sffell cheeckers.
Ron, I could have followed up with Simon's reference to disks and your back, I need two, but decided it wasn't an appropriate time.

Savour the moment Paul, well deserved.

Bill.
George Arnold25/01/2011 15:52:01
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Nice one Paul
I blame the computor it often misses letters, or prints rhe next letter on the key board, I must proof read before posting.

George

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Triton
Transwave 2017
Craft Supplies
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact