By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

First club meeting

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
paul johnson 213/01/2011 18:07:36
197 forum posts
100 photos
Well took the advice of forum members and found a club about 12 miles from where i live Pembrokeshire wood turners, So last night I went along to my first meeeting well what can I say it was excellent the members was so welcoming and they had a professional turner giving a demontration on thin walled turning.
And I met two fella's that live in the same town as me and they invited to their shed's to give help and advice cant wait for the next meeting.

Paul.

Derek Lane13/01/2011 19:17:15
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Great Paul you will find that they will give advice freely. And it will not be long before you are turning. Does the club have their own machines that you may use at the club
Ron Davis13/01/2011 19:31:03
1619 forum posts
201 photos
Well done Paul, if is any thing like our club you willget the advice you need

Ron
paul johnson 213/01/2011 19:56:35
197 forum posts
100 photos
Hi Derek, yes the club has 3 lathes i'm not sure what they are though, at the next meeting they will be out for members to use i'm realy looking forward to it .

Thanks Paul.
dennis wake13/01/2011 22:44:51
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Paul
  as every one else has syed you will get all the help you need to get started. the club that i am at has 10 lathes. they set 2 of them in a small room and get any new starters to have a go in privet with one of the comity so they don't get embarrassed at turning with onlookers. the other lathes are set up in the main room and is a free for all to use.
  good look and happy turning.
   dennis

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact